Banggai Cardinal fry DIARY *7/13*

[this thread is for diary only, not for sale.
everybody please refrain from posting dips, thankx]

The daddy has been holding eggs for about 3 weeks. 2 nights ago, we saw little eyes poke out

the first pic is the daddy
the second is the mom when she laid the eggs, but the daddy is too young to hold them all, so the red dot is the left over eggs

7/5 - got the babies out today.
just fed some rotifers and they're chomping 'em down!
there are 28, but 1 of them is missing 1 fin and can't swim.. that one's not going to make it.

if you watch the video carefully, you can see at about 0:07~0:08, the baby will open it's mouth to eat. very cool!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3915883129331382745

when those guys are ready for sale i would like to buy some to put with my other banji i think they are a really neat fish

thanks rick

Wow Michelle, we should name you "Mother Goose of DFWMAS"!!! Or call your tank "Marine fertile Myrtle" :lol: :lol:

They are too cute...congrats!

Gail

You must have been VERY quick and good with the net to get those guys out! Were you right there when papa spat them out or did you net papa?

That is awesome Michelle. congrats on the success so far! Have you had any luck finding a good mating pair of clowns yet? Mine quit laying eggs after i broke down the big tank.

very nice, congrats on more, well taken care of fish, your setup must be great and flourishing, good luck, and wow, people must really not read that you do not want to see dibs, lol