aquamaxx bulbs

lceman225

Membership Expired
I just installed my 250watts 14K aquamaxx that I bought on during the recent sale at MD. It may be that my eyes are bias to the XM 10K bulbs, but the aquamaxx seems like it has a slighty pink tint. otherwise the colors look ok. Here's a comparison. let me know what you guys think. I honestly prefer the 10K shallow water look. It just looks more natural to me.

250watts XM 10K
10kXM.jpg
alt="">

250watts Aquamaxx 14K
aquamaxx.jpg
alt="">

no offense, but based on your pictures I actually like the 14K look better, but to each his own :D

Tank looks great!

Are those SE's or DE's? Do they seem dim to you? Too bad there's not a bulb that would give you something btwn the 2 variations.

these are the SE aquamaxx on ARO electronic ballasts. To me they seem a bit dim but only because the XM 10K is among the highest PAR output bulb. I'm probably just used to the 10K look. I think if i leave the 14k's on for a few weeks i'll learn to like them too.

@lceman225 wrote:
these are the SE aquamaxx on ARO electronic ballasts. To me they seem a bit dim but only because the XM 10K is among the highest PAR output bulb. I'm probably just used to the 10K look. I think if i leave the 14k's on for a few weeks i'll learn to like them too. said:
Joe,

They burn in a lil' nicer, and do lighten up a bit. I do like the coral coloration better with the 14K's. :lol:

Cheers,

I'm sure it's just what your eyes were used to. Cause the 14k looks GREAT! Give it some time and let us know what your eyes think :D

Looking good...I am debating on getting either T5s or MHs on my tank...I believe it's the same dimensions as your tank. And if I go MH then I am now debating on Phoenix 14k DE or Aquamaxx 14k SE

I use a Aquamaxx 14k 250w HQI bulb on a ARO ballast and it is the best 12 or 14k bulb I've used color wise. IMO visually it's the closest thing to a radium that I've found in a de version.