Aqualifter connected to DC8

NOTE: This will only be an issue on older DC8s with a serial number below 9000 on the final four numbers.

I'm trying to get my aqualifter hooked up through my AC3, but I'm running into trouble.

Once anything switches the aqualifter on, it will not shut off. It's not a programming issue at all. I can have no programming on that channel whatsoever, go into manual mode and swith it off and it will not power down.

It does this regardless of channel on the DC8, so it's not a faulty outlet. Other items work just fine. In my first 5 minutes of research I read that it had to be on outlets 4 or 8... so I moved it to 4 and it still didn't work. I'm going to try moving it to 8 here in a bit (EDIT: Just tried, doesn't work on 8 either), but wanted to get this out there and see if others had any thoughts on this.

Thanks!
Matt

I think it's cause the aqualifter is not drawing enough voltage you need to add something to draw more voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to finalize, the short extension cord plugged in with another small item plugged into the same outlet did the trick. I put a nano powerhead hidden behind some rockwork in the back corner of my tank to help keep junk from settling back there... so two birds with one stone. :) Works perfectly now.