Apparently my maroon clown female hates green...

Tabi1720

Membership Expired
Evil fish!... But a funny story.

I have a white stripe female and a gold bar male and they happily host a 12-14in Sherman(who I wish would split!). When I was introducing the new couple I put a small rainbow bta next to hers for the male since they were still courting. She put her giant body across it to help it attach and helped him feed and care for it. I was amazed at her devotion to nems, even the ones that she didn't live in. I have since sold the small rainbow cause she let her man move in but I recently acquired a small Kryptonite bta and placed it in the aquarium near her Sherman since she was so good to the rainbow before. Instead of helping it attach she nipped at it and pulled it from the rock so I moved it to the other side thinking she just didn't want it so close. She seemed to be okay with my solution so after a few minutes of observation I took a bathroom break. I returned minutes later to check on the new nem and see how it was settling in.

Gone!
I searched the entire tank, every cave, every gap, every crack and crevice.
Nothing...

Something looked a bit strange about the Sherman's shape so I stuck my hand in and pushed aside the massive amount of tentacles to reveal a tiny (now almost white) bta.

She hunted down the tiny bta and FED it to her giant nem!!!
I quickly removed it and got it acclimated into my other tank. The next morning it seemed to have shrunk and I feared the worst. Turns out it split! Both look like they're healing nicely, two quarter size btas.
d56948a59fcd4eeae9a66cdec6ba4020.jpg
alt="">
aeaf88a0f2f40cb4e01f49408bba7979.jpg
alt="">
And the giant Sherman? Like nothing ever happened...
cfc628fee99316123b3ac039bd75822d.jpg
alt="">

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk