Apex internet setup.

Hi. I am having problems setting up my apex so I can see info from home. If someone can help me set it up. Willing to pay for help.
Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk

I cannot come to Hurst, but may be able to offer help. Did you download the unofficial Alex users guide? It has great step by step instructions. If you tell us the step from that guide you are stuck on, we may be able to help walk you through it.

What Internet service provider do you have?

Are you trying hard wired or wireless first? (you have to hardwire set it up first)

I have charter cable service. I am hard wiring apex to my cable modem. I can see the apex from any computer inside the store but cant see it from outside network.

Thanks for Your Help!
Vi

I had the same trouble. Idk what else you have tried, so forgive my info if your past that.

On page 32-33 of the new unofficial Apex user guide (uaug) it talks about determining your outside IP address and setting up a dynamic dns. The address with 192.xxxxxxxx is for when you are at home within the confines of that network. You have to log into the router through a computer and configure port forwarding for that ip and change the port. I changed mine so there were definitely no conflicts (8888). I have uverse so I am unfamiliar with your ISP - maybe someone will chime in. There maybe some specific info in the uaug, there was for my uverse.

If you do whatismyip it will tell you what the ip address looks like from the outside. I couldn't figure out how to set up a free dyndns so I used one of the others in the list. You add your outside ip address and it keeps up with all the changes that are made (dynamic ip). You can name it whatever you want: fusionvi.reef.xxxx:8888.

GO to dyn.com and set up a free remote access web address. Then you can log in from anywhere to your APEX. I paid the 20 yearly fee to keep the address permanently. Otherwise you get a reminder every few months to renew for free, but if you forget, then you lose the address and have to reenroll. Not a big deal, but annoying.