Apex help

curt.smith

Premium Member
Hi all i have an apex with all the trimmings and i am having one hell of a time linking it to out side internet i have a dyndns and a web site i cant get them to all talk. Help please

To get access from the internet you need to go through a service like dyndns.org and have your router configured for port forwarding. If you would like to add your tank status to your signature like I have then you need to go to Reefchat. Here is a link with more instructions. http://www.reefchat.org/Extras/SignatureGenerator/SignatureGeneratorHelp/tabid/262/Default.aspx

There's a couple of threads on the board that will help you (sorry don't have much time to search for you or I would post them) but, it's most likely port forwarding on your home router needs to be setup.

If you happen to be using FiOS I can email you my screen shots of each point in the process. It is a bit more updated than what the Apex manual shows. New version of router since then probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks to all of your help and resources i have managed to get the apex up and running on the WEB and Email/TXTing is working as well the dns is up, and now on to the WEB Site and cameras his will be a few weeks as i am going on vacation for 4th of july and wont return till the 8th then back to the grind THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP I AM TRULY GLAD I FOUND THE CLUB [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif] GO MAVS