Another algae problem....

[I have pick corline algae growing all over my glass and it's a real pain to scrape off. Any suggestion on how to get rid of it.]

[Yep, Barry's right. Brad hates the stuff too, and he grows it in sheets. I'm finally growing it in my reef tank (for the past few months) and I have been seen late at night dancing naked underneath the moon in delight. :p

You can use a credit card to scrape it off acrylic, or a brand new razor blade off glass. I used to dry them well and store them, and they would still develop a burr or rust spot that wasn't visible but scratched my glass.

I picked up a Kent Pro Scraper at Macna last year. It is a stainless steel blade with a long handle, and I chip away at the stuff on the front and sides. It can grow all it wants on the back wall. Also, when you chip it away, it spreads into the water column and grows more -- quite often on your LR which exactly where you want it! :D]

@Jimmy C. wrote:
[I have pick corline algae growing all over my glass and it's a real pain to scrape off. Any suggestion on how to get rid of it.] said:
[Yes, I agree with these other two miscreants. Half of my maintenance on my tank is scraping corraline off the acrylic, but you gotta have plenty of calcium in your system, so what else can you do. :;):]

[I heard that corline algae was a "low light" algae. Some one said that when they increased thier light that it grew less near the light.. ??? Can someone verify this? I have about 300w using PC but have been thinking about going to two 175mh's. Of course I'll most likely get the green algae then... :O]