Anemone with worms?

Mitch9192

Membership Expired
Hey guys,

I have had a Green BTA for about 4 months now and he was perfect for the first two and my clown finally started hosting him. Another month whet by and everything was good. But over the last month he has been opening up less and less and hanging limp with his mouth open. I became worried that he would die and kill my tank so i moved him to my QT. There I was able to give him a good look and I noticed some stringy worm (I can't tell if they are moving) like things on his tips. I even noticed that there were a few bunches of tentacles that were tied together by one of these worm like things. I have tried looking for someone with a similar experience but I have had no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

In the last month I have added a refugium and upgraded my protein skimmer. I thought maybe I was over skimming so I have reduced it to 12 on and 12 off, but it didn't seem to help.

I have tried force feeding krill and injecting brine shrimp but he usually spits it back out. I have dipped him and have used an amino supplement, but no luck. Please help.

I will try and get some pictures later and as far as my water parameters go I have been sitting on zero's for a while now. 8.2 and 1.025

Mitch

I got some pictures tonight. I feel pretty confident this is what is doing it. I pulled these out of it stomach when it was turning inside out. These are pictures of the globs I got. I watched them for about 5 minutes and they did seem to move. When I was pulling them out it looked as if they were coming from far inside.

[album]526[/album]

[album]525[/album]

Mitch

Economy must be hard, no one has 2 cents to give...thanks for the help

Well BTA fell on his face today. He tried to get back up but fell again. I flushed him this afternoon.

@Wes wrote:
Do you want u's to make something up to give you an answer? said:
I guess I may be a little out of line. I just figured that since there was a whole section devoted to anemones that someone would at least say something. Im sure someone out there has had an anemone die on them.

Well attached you will find a final photo. This was it's back side. It looked like there was a hole in his foot. I did a little research on their anatomy but I'm still not sure if it is normal.

I hope this will help someone in the future.

Mitch

the stuff you pulled out look like the inside of an anemone. i have no idea what its called though. ive seen it in anemones that have been torn and nems that are splitting. somehow the foot could have ripped maybe

@reefer55 wrote:
the stuff you pulled out look like the inside of an anemone. said:
I think you are right, it looks like the "acontia" http://www.nhm.ku.edu/tol/glossary/intro.html (see diagram)

In retrospect I probably shouldn't of pulled it out, but it was coming out everywhere anyways. The BTA hadn't bubbled in almost a month. He would inflate a little here and a little there, but nothing much. I kept a close eye on him and it was obvious he was getting worse the hole time.

I feel bad that I couldn't keep it alive especially since it was most likely harvested from the ocean. Maybe I will try again someday.

Here is a video when he was at his prime...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ6Z8-zRKMk[/youtube]

My clown seems lost these days...