Almost done!

@ksmith wrote:
Looks Great... So what gallon is it and did you order it or?? the main tank is the one i was wondering about... said:
It is a 180. Its dimensions are 4' x 3' x 2' and is made out of 3/4" thick glass with a kevlar reinforced bottom. I bought it from DuaneD who had someone make it for him but never used it. He also was the brains and the tools behind the woodworking. I don't know for sure who made the tank, but it is done in Oceanic style.

My gallery that needs updating is linked on the www button of my profile.

So, I finally got the 2nd sump plumbed in. I've been procrastinating on tank pictures because I have a minimum of an hour worth of coraline to scrape first.

Can't decide what to do about lighting. I bought a 250W MH bell pendant and am not fond of its size, magnetic ballast, and reflective efficiency (but I don't know much about that). I use icecap 250's and SE bulbs on the display.

Should i buy a reef optic reflector and stick with 250 SE since I already buy them? Use the magnetic ballast or get another electronic 250? Other option is to go with 175 which will have a cheaper up front cost on the ballast. 250W too much? I'm trying to light the center of this front sump with some light making it to the fuge on the left side.
dsc_2173_151.jpg
alt="">

One more issue to tackle. The water going into my overflow goes through the acrylic teeth, drops 3/4" and hits 3/4" thick glass, then has to bounce off that to end up in the overflow. This isn't a silent process. I have dursos, but since the water isn't flowing smoothly down the face of the overflow, it's making some noise I could do without. Water enters my overflow from 3 sides. Any suggestions on how to smooth it out?

Call either Regal or Allied and see what scrap acrylic they have. Ideally, a piece of 3/4" cut at 45 degrees to prevent the water from doing the initial fall to the glass. You could also sandwich 3 pieces of 1/4" then cut it at a 45.

[/img]

I would just use weld-on and attach it to the acrylic below the teeth and not bother with it on the glass. Of course, it would never come off like that though :oops:

Ok, here's some pics. I've spent so much time on my other hobbies, that I haven't improved with the camera. It took about 30 minutes with a razor blade to get the coraline off and some things were still mad, but... I still have a ton of organizing left to do, but the sumps are in.

First of all: WOW! That looks great.

The tank ain't bad either. :lol: And you found a way to keep that piece of blue foam useful even with the change over. :lol: :lol:

Can you post some pictures of the sump running? I'd like to see how the bubbles are travelling.

awesome - you have done an awesome job to say the least!!! could you share a picture of the tank showing the stand currently?? thanks.

Gerard,
It hasn't changed actually. I still need to finish the light box and then it's done. If by some freak chance I come across this particular moulding I've been looking for, I might add it someday.

thanks tony -

the more pictures i show of your tank to my fiancee, the greater likelihood she will allow me to setup the tank i am planning - thus, if i show her the same picture again, she won't be that impressed, but, we will wait :lol:

good luck and thanks for sharing