Acrylic tank DIY question

Blue Water

Membership Expired
I have limited space where I want to build a water change station. I want to put a tank to hold salt water that is about 30x30x 24 tall. I know 1/4 " thick acrylic is too thin for an aquarium but what about for just water changes? Probably just hold water for a day at a time.

You might be able to build a wooden stand and hold two of the small brute cans, one on top of the other, and fit in the same amount of space. You will need to get in there to rinse and stuff- trash cans/blue barrels are prob best.

Yeah, I'm probably going to do the trash cans unless I find some cheap thicker acrylic sheet. Problem is I want bigger and will need to stack so it will be hard to fit the trash cans and other planned stuff. Might do the 96 gallon trash can. Garage is too cold as I might do a remote refugium in the same space. WIth a custom build tank to fit I can fit other stuff.

If you can wait till feb march I will have a big trash can that I use for my live rock. You can have it once tank upgrade is done.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

My garage gets cold too but I run 1/4" line from garage to sump, about 60 feet long, so temp swings is very minor, if any. By the time it gets to the sump, it is room temp. I use the SpectraPure system for my water changes and top off. limited space in my garage too.

~Matt