Achilles ich update

:cry:

I posted earlier about my achilles have a bad case if ich. When I got home tonight he was still alive but looked even worse (if that is possible). I got him out of the tank filled my old aqua pod with some water from my tank and lowered the salinity a little to try to nurse him through this but it was too late he didn't make it.

I unfotunately have learned a very difficult lesson the hard way.

What I would like to know is if the rest of the fish show no signs of the *bleeping* parasite do they just have an "recession" so to speak? I have heard all too often that ich is always present in the tank no matter what you do. So my question is this. I have no problem buying a tank for QT for future additions but if it's true that ich is always present in the tank just not visibly so then what is keeping any fish from contracting ich after I quarantine it?

Ya I agree I mean once it's in there it will stay but generally fish can handle. The best way is to qt everything first so you know it's not in there but once a big system is up and going with lots of fish that's just not practical in many cases.

I however still strongly recommend qting all your new arrivals. Make sure they're disease free and eating like champs with nice and recovered immune systems before subjecting them to your tank! Throwing them in immediately is just a huge gamble. I say give them the best chance possible.