AC Jr. Help!

GraviT

Premium Member
So, I finally broke down and bought an AC Jr. for my tank. I spent the better part of the afternoon getting the thing programmed (roughly) and mounted to my system. Problem is, I'm not getting any output power from the DC8. The dip switches are all set to off, indicating that it should be addressable by A01 - A08. All of the timers are set to use A01 - A08. I can hear the relay in the DC8 click when I manually set the outlets to ON state, but there is no output voltage. I've checked the breaker and it's not popped out.

Am I missing something here?

Can't think of anything else except for making sure the AC plug on the DC8 is plugged into a working outlet. You may already have, but you might want to post in the Neptune Systems forum in RC for more ideas.

As for the relays clicking when you manually turn the outlets on, just to make sure your test is valid - which outlets is that happening on? Only outlets 4 and 8 are controlled via a relay, so you shouldn't hear any clicking if you turn the other outlets on. The other outlets are controlled via a solid state relay, and shouldn't have any clicking.

Good luck!

@joelq wrote:
Can't think of anything else except for making sure the AC plug on the DC8 is plugged into a working outlet. You may already have said:
Yeah, only outlets 4 and 8 click. I didn't realize those were the only ones when I had made the original post. Curt from Neptune Systems thinks the breaker is bad and wants me to ship the DC8 for repair, but I plan to contact Marine Depot first since they sold me a defective product.