A very useful funnel

I always end up spilling a little when I try to pour stuff into the typical 5g water jugs, as well as my mixing drums. I considered bying a typical funnel, but then decided I wanted something with a larger mouth so salt could also be poured through it without clogging. My search lead me to a canning funnel with a 2 1/8" mouth and 4 3/4" top. I wasn't sure it would work, but for $4.55 shipped, it was worth a try. It arrived today. I stuck it in a jug to test fit it and I was instantly in love. Not only does it fit, it fits snugly... There will be no need to hold it in place with one hand. I have already ordered a second one.

20130107160626.jpg
alt="">
20130107160722.jpg
alt="">

@Burbarry wrote:
I used a standard funnel and cut the mouth bigger for salt. But this is way better then mine. said:
Yep... I was going to do that, but then I thought maybe there was a cheap one that was that way from the start. [smilie=smile.gif]

That's a great idea. I use mine for canning but you can pick up the funnels at Walmart, Target or just about any grocery store for a few bucks.

@Haven wrote:
That's a great idea. I use mine for canning but you can pick up the funnels at Walmart said:
Good to know! Living out in the country, I end up doing most of my shopping on line. $5-10 in gas to go on an browsing trip in town can be a buzz kill. [smilie=crying.gif]

I have been using the same kind for years. It's time for a new one. Very helpful when adding carbon or biopellets to their respective reactors.