A sick fire clownfish can you help ?

bump1

Membership Expired
This fish belongs to a friend of mine & i didnt know what to tell him. So i though i would post his thread here & see if you can help him out with his fish. I havent seen his fish yet as it is a new fish so i hope what he wrote will help you help him. Here is his post.

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

i got a fire clown a week ago and have noticed that he has a whitish film on his body. and just under one of his fins he has a sore starting to form. i have searched the web and found out what it is but nothing tells how to get rid of it. if anyone has any info pls post it. i dont like my guys getting sick on me.

This was his post but he hasnt got a reply yet.
Thank you for helping if you can.

Do you need more info on his fish to help. If so just let me know so i can call him & get what you need to know. He said he is putting him in a QT tank today so i need to know what to tell him to get in the way of meds.

If you can just tell me if it is fungal or bacterial i think i can help him find somthing that will work at the LFS.

Thanks

Carol, I repleid with more info in the other post you made. You will need Formalin from the LFS for the treatments. Make sure the water is not above 80 degrees and that their is an airstone available for treatments. Formalin lowers the dissolved oxygen content of the water.

Thank You Amanda

I will send him the info & make sure to tell him abought the air for the fish.
I am sure he will appreciate your help.