A few shots of PrangeWay's tank.

Updated Tank Shot 04-08-07, 2nd page
Just a handful of shots from my tank. Coming along nicely so far...

Overhead shot of some SPS. New frag is a fireside from F&S, won't move off the plug till it's happy and growing.
IMG_0037.jpg
alt="">

Top zoom of the slimer (a perty green)
TopSlimer.jpg
alt="">

Front shot of it
a5a449e3.jpg
alt="">

Will pop up a few more when I have pictures I'm happy with.

A Big Cup-Shaped Monti (4" dia, 2" deep).
IMG_0013.jpg
alt="">

A birdsnest that won't encrust. 5 months old, started from one twig, but won't encrust at all. Turbos love knocking him over every fortnight or so.
IMG_0026.jpg
alt="">

Branching Porties
IMG_0014.jpg
alt="">

Purple Encrusting Monti
IMG_0016.jpg
alt="">

Wild Caught
IMG_0011.jpg
alt="">

Scripps Frag
IMG_0015.jpg
alt="">

Top View Table
IMG_0038.jpg
alt="">

I just want things to grow now. Avoid tinkering, let it grow for a year (but how likely is that).

I should cut the Pocillopora off it's base soon (as it's finally growing nicely) and remount it so no ugly plugs left in tank. So probably I'll take a new one this weekend.

Although my new T5's arrive Monday (Tek 6-39W Hood) to replace the 250W XM, 2VHO hood I have. Going to try it out for a bit, so I might wait till Monday and post 2, a before and after.

But after writing all that here is a current one. Please ignore the ugly plugs. I hope to just let the tank grow. The only loses I've had have been two small frags that where mounted with epoxy instead of super-glue, bad idea. There are a few LPS frags shown there that are now in my LPS tank, they didn't much like this setup as outside of the small green guy next to the porties, and a lime/yellow one I need a picture for, they didn't grow much.

IMG_0017.jpg
alt="">

PW

Yeah you have to appreciate modernism and the Mies van der Rohe philosphy of 'Less is More' for my tank. Instead of a 70% Rock, 30% coral tank I want 70% coral and 30% rock, as while the rock is nice, it's not why I have a tank. Now I just need all those frags to actually grow!

- The tank is 40l x 15w x 22h. -> 57 gallon
- Skimmer is either a Tunze DOC 9005 or a Tunze DOC 9002 (I switch them around monthy to figure out which will pull the most wet skimmate daily, so far the 9002 is doing better, oddly enough).
- Flow is provided by 2 Tunze Stream 6000 (600-1800gph) on a Multi-Controller
- Lighting is 250W XM 10k & 2 96-W VHO's though this will be replaced by a Tek 6-39w T-5 HO Hood Today.
- Calc/Alk is added by a AquaMedic ReefDoser using C-Balance (soon to be Ocean's Blend as it has all the elements, not just calc/alk/mag)
- Top-Off is a Tuzne Osmolator
- ZEOvit
0.5L ZeoRocks in Canister Filter
2d ZeoBak & ZeoFood M&Th
0.15ml ZeoStart2 x 2 day
2d Amino Acids & 4d Poh's Coral Vitalizer everyday
The hardcore Zeo stuff is just starting next week (depening on how things react to new lighting, don't want to change to much over a short period, may wait till July) which includes
1ml ZeoSpur2 every 3 weeks
1ml B-Balance daily (new product, sortof a watered down ZeoSpur)
2d Potassium Iodide, 2d Iron Concentrate, 0.3ml K-Balance M&Th
Not sure how my tank will react to this, but it should be positive given other users results.
- Weekly 10% water change with 50/50 IO/Oceanic salt mix, and Passive Carbon Use.

I started this tank with Zeo in about Sept, and have never had measurable Nitrates or Phosphate (probably because I haven't bought a Hana Colormeter yet, it should be aroud 0.02 or so I'd guess). This tank just needs to grow, and should be up where it is and stable for probably at least a year or two, depending on when I find a good condo project to buy into in Fort Worth.

You'll be shocked, I actually stopped funneling money into reef and golf addictions long enough to have some furniture now.

And the Zeo will be interesting, I've only used the basic 4 which keep your nitrates and phosphatest at zero which is nice, but it's all the other stuff that is suppose to really help the corals colors and growth. So we'll see how that works out.

While looking through Live Aquari's Diver's Den I found a coral I had to order immediately tongiht...

Millepora.jpg
alt="">

and than to round off the order for free shipping...
Enchinta.jpg
alt=""> (along with a small frag of theirs)

blurry bad pictures of the corals I got from LA Diver's Den Friday. I'll try for some better ones when I get over how bad these are.

Pink.jpg
alt="">

Blue.jpg
alt="">

PW

Raspberry Milli (from above)
DarkPinkMilli.jpg
alt="">

Blue Ench from above
BluenEnch.jpg
alt="">

Blue Encrusting Monti
BlueEncrustingMonti.jpg
alt="">

Green Acro (he's just pretty, even if just green)
GreenAcro.jpg
alt="">

Hey PrangeWay!

That Millie is amazing!!! :) Beautiful new additions to an already splendid tank. The mushrooms I picked up from you are doing great. In fact 2 of the green ones are so big they cover the entire rock and there's just two of them.

Updated Shot of Tank
SPSFullTankShot03-09-07.jpg
alt="">

Before and After Shots of my Pink Milli
PinkMilli06-16-06.jpg
alt="">
PinkMilli03-09-07.jpg
alt="">

Things are going good.
You can see a tiny blue stick on the left of the pillar, that's a genuine orgeon blue tort frag I just got I'm hoping grows well.
The 'bleh' coral on the front is a wild caught I'm hoping to recover with tons of flow and lots of light, when I first saw it, it was a amazing sky blue, it's already developing light purple tips, and the body is slowing blueing back, another month or two and it should be amazing.
Clams are doing great, they're all at least double the size as when I got them, at this rate it's probably 2 years or so before they need a alot more room.

PW

SPSEndTankShot03-09-07.jpg
alt="">

Branching Porties. Not the most stunning, or in the high view spot of tank, but one of my favorite corals in it.
BranchingPorties03-09-07.jpg
alt="">

Very nice! Love that mille colony - the color is pretty stunning. I'm also a big fan of the branching porites, very cool stuff.

Uh oh, better change your sig! What prompted you to add substrate?

Be patient with the Oregonian Tort. I bought one online from a vendor up in the Northwest about 10 mos ago. It is just now starting its growth. There is no comparison when comparing this tort with the ORA blue torts. Their color is so much more vivid. Unfortunately, I've seen some ORA blue torts being shown as Oregonian.