600 gallon fowlr

Thanks for your info. I am thinking to build a 300g tank and hope the acrylic tank won't cost too much more than it'll be built by glass.

Thanks.

i got quotes from envision, socalcreations, aquarium obsessed (for glass), tenecor and midwest customs. the prices were all somewhat similar give or take a few hundred dollars, midwest was able to accomodate the sump, overflow and also had a great price for the aquarium, which is why i selected them.

a lfs that "specialiazed" in in wall installations gave me a quote that was thousands over the highest price i got, and that just for the aquarium without shipping, that was kind of funny i thought.

Exciting project.

Why only a FOWLR and why barebottom with a FOWLR?

For clarification; the foam that Chris is referring to is a reefsafe spray on foam at HD and Lowes called Great Stuff foam. You spray it and let it harden for 48 hours or so and it will look just like rock. Some folks spray it on their back walls for a depth effect.

Ryan,
I was acutally talking about the pink 3/4" foam that goes under acrylic tanks. But the Great Foam Insulation stuff is a good idea. Either that or the Dr. Fosters stuff. I'd like to use that on my next tank.

@Servo wrote:
Exciting project. Why only a FOWLR and why barebottom with a FOWLR? For clarification; the foam that Chris is referring to is a reefsafe spray on foam at HD and Lowes called Great Stuff foam. You spray it and let it harden for 48 hours or so and it will look just like rock. Some folks spray it on their back walls for a depth effect. said:
hello, i enjoyed your big tank buildup thread at rr along with others and they have helped me out alot in designing the system.

i am one of the few that enjoy a tank full of large fish swimming around to a reef tank, call me crazy lol. i kept a small reef (40 gallons) about 10 years ago and i never really got into it. bb with a strong flow so nothing will accumulate and it will be all pushed out to my skimmer/sump.

great foam... i need to check it out. do you know where i could see pictures of this stuff?

see if this link works a shot of a 40 gal. breeder with great stuff on the back http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rookie101p@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=mobile&.dnm=465e.jpg [/img][/img]

@rookie101 wrote:
see if this link works a shot of a 40 gal. breeder with great stuff on the back http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rookie101p@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=mobile&.dnm=465e.jpg [/img][/img] said:
link doesn't work but i did get to see that foam, not really my taste. i think i am going to go with starboard or just barebottom.