600 gallon fowlr

clekchau

Premium Member
In the works

Hi all, I am in the process of setting up a large in wall fowlr. Please feel free to offer any suggestions, criticisms and comments.

Thanks

Tank will be 96Lx48Wx30H acrylic aquarium in wall viewable from 2 sides

Overflow will be 18" external with 3 1.5" bulkheads and 1 1" bulkheads a little lower than the other 3

Sump is 72Lx30Wx24H containing remote deep sand bed feeding refugium.

Skimmer is custom dart needlewheel 55" high, 18" diameter, recirculating fed thru 1" overflow

UV will be Aqua Ultraviolet Classic UV Series 114 watt fed thru 3 1.5" overflows, returning to sump, Ozone will be aquamedic 300 mg fed into skimmer

Lights: 4 48" 4 bulb x 54 Watt T5 lamps spaced out over open aquarium

Return pump will be sequence dart, flow inside tank will be 2 modified eheim 1050s (similar to maxi jet mod) with 4000 gph flow each

600 lbs of live rock (if you have any for sale, i will buy all of it ! )

Display wall before alterations

Looks like a great project, big project, but great none the less. I will be following and doing what I can. Cheering you on and giving encouragement.

Chaidan,
I forgot to ask if you were going to use a controller or not. With the ozone, you might want to look into one of the Neptune controllers, Aquacontroller III would work out nicely.

I'm about to start mine so I'll be asking you alot of questions. Good luck.

@chrisrush wrote:
Chiadan Don't forget that you need to add at least a 3/4" foam underneath the acrylic tank. said:
Thanks for the reminder, I took that into account, in fact it is the only way the aquarium manu. would warranty the tank.

Tank and sump was just ordered, should be ready mid Nov. time frame... I hope .

Good work. Have you considered the pro & con between glass & acrylic tank? Where did you order the acrylic tank from?

Thanks,

@renechan wrote:
Good work. Have you considered the pro & con between glass & acrylic tank? Where did you order the acrylic tank from? Thanks said:
i chose acrylic because it's stronger, lighter and in some respects, clearer.

stand build in process

midwest custom aquarium is building the aquarium and sump

http://www.midwestcustomaquariums.com/index.html

2 more thoughts.

Instead of starboard on the bottom, see if the midwest customs can make the bottom white. That way you won't have any problems with the trapped detritus, plus you'll save some $$. Or just get white foam.

Also, will there be a support in the middle of that stand? Such as another removable 4x4?

@chrisrush wrote:
2 more thoughts. Instead of starboard on the bottom said:
hmm great idea, not sure how that would look, i've never seen it before. white foam? can you put that inside the aquarium?

there will be several 2x6's running down the middle to support the middle part of the stand