265 Build Log

Well i got my 265 today and all i need to do is get it in the garage. I plan on skinning the stand in oak veneer next hope this works out good.

Well its in my garage and now that i can get a better look at the stand i think i might make a whole new stand from scratch.

well i now have my refugium and wanted to know what anyone thinks of my proposed setup. I have a bottom drilled 58g and i was going to do a pipe as an overflow raise the tank and have it dump into my skimmer section of my 50g oceanic sump you can see the holes in the oceanic sump. I figured i would use the smaller section for the skimmer and the larger for the return. heres a sketch the red is return the blue is drain and the green is the skimmer. Note its not to scale.

I have built my frame and recieved doors from doorsandpulls all I can say is wow they look great especially for the price. I found a good wood shop (wood world) that is going to plane down a 1x6 board to match the 3/4" plywood perfectly so on the ends i will do solid oak so i dont have to hide the ply's of the plywood. Stacked the Dry LR and tufa in the tank and looks good i am more than excited. Pics of progress tonight. :lol:

Usually i am better about that but i figured i would go for the size effect seeming that its a huge tank. :shock: at least by my standards or i should say my wifes tolerance.

Looks like it is coming along nicely. Let me know we may be able to do some swapping in the future since I am in Sherman aslo.

most recent pic and of course i'm having a red slime outbreak wish my other tank wouldnt have leaked and i could have taken it slowly. :sad: