20 years ago today

Fish Think Pink

Club Secretary
Staff member
Board of Directors
DFWMAS logo on white background.jpg

What were you doing 20 years ago today September 15th?

On this day, @chriscurtis and others were joining this https://dfwmas.org/ website! Club was already ten years old at the time.

It is exciting to be part of this wonderful club. I'm sure they have lots of stories to tell, having seen lots of changes in the industry!

If you have also been around this hobby a long time, what stands out as some of the biggest changes to you since you joined?

To me, the biggest change no one else seems to mention is live COPEPODS have gone from FOE to FRIEND (aka FISH FOOD and DESIRED) but I'm sure it is because we've found fish safe species along the journey of saltwater aquariums.

WOW! @melev has been on website even longer! Since January 3 2003!

Marc, thank you for all that you do to advance both club and hobby (hugs)!!

Not sure when I joined the club but I moved here in 2000. I think I got a tank set back up in 2001. Probably found the club around the same time but can't remember. I do remember going to club meetings at some of the LFS.

Biggest change IMO is the influx of people with money into the hobby. I remember people used to gripe about spending $500 to put halides over their tank. Now it seems like no one blinks an eye spending $2k for leds for their tank, and a few thousand more in gadgets/controllers.

And the other gripe is the pictures I see posted of "colonies" that are on a 2in frag plug. Sorry, in my mind that is still a little frag!