150 gallon upgrade/build Log *** Updated 10/07 ***

I thought I would post a quick update, as I added two new corals and a new fish recently. The system has been up five full months now, and it’s amazing how the base rock has started to color up. Things are going slowly, while the quarantine process keeps the livestock safe it sure makes for a slow process adding stuff! At least this way my wife has a couple years before I start begging for a bigger tank…

Here are some before and after pictures to compare.

My tank is now one year old and I thought I would post a couple of update pictures. I am not a good photographer so excuse the picture quality. Until now I have been focused on stocking my fish, 2007 will be a coral year!

A few more shots of the fish. For some reason my yellow tang has a gimpy top fin, hes been that way for several years now!

Really nice. Great assortment of fish with plenty but not to much! Really looking great. Can't wait to see it with corals all grown up!

Very nice!
I like your fish selection.
Are you going to do a mixed reef or one type of corals more than others?

Thanks Bayou! I am going for a mix of softies and LPS for the time being. I built the tank with MH in mind so I can do SPS down the road. I'll probably wait a couple of years before trying that, I still have much to learn about corals.

Tim

The tank is doing great! I’ve not added much to it over the past 9 months but it’s nice watching things mature none the less. I’ll snap a few photos later today and will get them posted up. In the meantime, I’ve attached a picture of my non-fish hobby which has been eating up all my fish fundage over these past 9 months. So many hobbies, so little money!

Tim

Excellent work on the tank, and great work on the fish selection!

Lol on your "other" hobby... I know exactly what you mean...

btw, nice touch with the louvers... they look great

It’s been too long since I have posted any updates. I’ve not been adding as many corals as I would like lately, and some of the ones I have are overgrown and need to be fragged. I’m going to start the process this weekend in hopes I can trade for some other pieces over the next few months.

That’s the nice thing about this hobby, you can take some time “off” and so long as you perform your maintenance the tank is still a source of enjoyment for the whole family!

The most amazing thing to me is the way the HI rocks look as compared to the day they were added. They used to be bone white, now they are top grade live rock probably worth 5-6 times what I paid for them. I highly recommend this approach to someone who is setting up a new tank.

My Anthias did not make it, so I’m considering another type of fish to add. I’m seriously considering a blue throat trigger, or maybe several other smaller fishes such as gobies or blennies. Any advice is always welcome.

BTW: The mark on the PBT is actually on the aquarium glass, and not the fish. Happy viewing!

Tim

Thanks!

I’m not adding much in terms of additives. I use C-Balance Alk/Calc additive every few days in addition to bi-weekly 10 gallon water changes.

Tim