13 Gallon Nano

Well after several weeks with the fluval edge, I have decided to go bigger. Well a little bigger, only because I have to get the tank off the counter top. [smilie=thinking.gif]

So now I have decided to do a 13 gallon Nano. I found this cool 13 gallon tank and DNA called an Aqua H20 Aquarium they have sizes from like 6 gallon to like 13 gallon I think. They have curved glass on the edges....I'm not crazy about that, but it looks cool. Here is a picture of my new tank.

Here is a picture of the logo on the front of the aquarim and a close up of the curved corners. The curved corners are only on the front. The glass is 5mm thick and I think you can drill it.

Well this past Monday I got out the tools and built me a stand out of the left over wood from my 255 and built a stand just like my 255. Here is a pic of my stand so far. I still have to fill in the holes from the air gun and stain the wood, but I really like it. Its going to be a mini me of the 255.

Well this tank is only 20" long, so it makes it difficult to find a light for it. I only found a few available that were 18" scallable to 24" and I think there were only two T5's, because there was no way I was going to go with PC's. So I ended up buying this bad boy.

This is the Marineland 18"-24" LED capable light. I really like the concept of the LED's since I dont have to replace bulbs. [smilie=clapping.gif]

Its rated for 1300+ lumens, so I guess low level light organisms can be kept alive. here is a close up of the specs. The only thing that I dont like about this light is that the switch is a three way switch. Off in the Middle, up is white and blues and bottom is blues. You cant set a timer to control the independant lights. I guess I will have to work on a MOD for that.

that light does look nice on there, and that tank is sweet! i cant wait to see what you do with it.

I'll bet he wimp's out and goes freshwater or something crazy like that. [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif] That's a sleek little tank and I really like the light also.

Cheers,

@mtraylor wrote:
Well this past Monday I got out the tools and built me a stand out of the left over wood from my 255 and built a stand just like my 255. Here is a pic of my stand so far. I still have to fill in the holes from the air gun and stain the wood said:
It's a mini to the 255 sump [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif]
13 gallons??? guppy tank!