115gal corner tank with 90gal fuge

well I was going to add some pics lastnite but I cut my hand open with a 4 inch hole saw . after that I just wasn't in the mood to post anything. ill try to get the log updated tonite.

@jred25 wrote:
well I was going to add some pics lastnite but I cut my hand open with a 4 inch hole saw . after that I just wasn't in the mood to post anything. ill try to get the log updated tonite. said:
holy crap ... hope it doesn't require surgery =

no I'm good ppl keep telling me I need stitches but I think ill just go get a tet shot and call it a day. not bleeding anymore so should be all good as long as I can keep it clean

ok i finally have the time to post some real info. The tank is a used DAS 115 corner tank (got it at DNA for $199 tank and stand) . The sump is my 90gal tank the livestock has been in waiting for the 210 to sell. The fuge is 51gal after you take out the 2nd chamber. For the return pump im useing a ReeFlo Snapper/Dart Hybrid
3600⁄2600GPH http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reeflo-snapper-dart-hybrid-4300-2600gph.html For now the tank is lit with 100 watts of steves LEDs. If I cant get good growth out of them. I may trade it out with a 400 watt MH. The skimmer is a bit complicated. I give more info on it later.

The sump was a tank drilled in the bottom. This gave me an idea to run the pluming under the sump. The hole that was there was to small so I sealed it with 2 peaces of Plexiglas and a lot of silicone. I then drilled 2 new holes in the tank to fit 2inch bulkheads one on the right and one on the left. I made a riser so the pluming can run under the sump. The riser was sealed with heavy duty trash bag as a liner.[attachment=0]IMAG0312.jpg[/attachment] Here you can see the old hole next to the new one.[attachment=2]IMAG0309.jpg[/attachment] This is the riser the sump will set on. The hole in the bottom wast so I could make sure it was the right height. [attachment=1]IMAG0316.jpg[/attachment] Riser with the liner.

I cut a hole in a peace of scrap wood for a guide for the new holes. srry for the bad phone pics. [attachment=2]IMAG0267.jpg[/attachment]

Will have 5 filter socks. Pics of the filter sock shelf.[attachment=2]IMAG0292.jpg[/attachment] Marked where it needed to be drilled. ($45 for a 4inch hole saw that I will proly never need again + this is the saw I cut my hand open with. [smilie=crying.gif] )[attachment=1]IMAG0296.jpg[/attachment] You can see the saw in this pic. Bad thing is that it was new so vary sharp and cut deep. Good bc it was new. So clean and no rust.[attachment=0]IMAG0298.jpg[/attachment] Ill add a pic of the cut in the next post so if ur a big baby scroll past it.

The plumbing under the sump is that for the overflows or the return?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO yes I know I wouldn't have cut my hand if I wasn't rushing and got careless. The blade jerked down and got me. Had it not been so late and I not have been so sleepy then I wouldn't have had my hand in the way to start with.[attachment=1]IMAG0329.jpg[/attachment] Here is the cut b4 i cut off the skin that was just hanging off.[attachment=0]IMAG0330.jpg[/attachment] Here it is cleaned up a bit more. Was about 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide. Pics taken about 2 hours after i cut it. Cant really see how deep bc of the blood. Didnt stop bleeding for about 2 days. Its now been about 2 weeks and its healing fast. Still little painful to push on it (like a bruise) but no infection and after 5 days with butterfly stitches on it (to hold it shut) its not as wide now. Should leave a nice clean scare [smilie=smile.gif].

I wanted to try something new. That i have never seen done b4. So i made the overflow an up flow setup. The water flows up and on to the filter sock shelf then done the socks.[attachment=2]IMAG0302.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]IMAG0303.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]1.jpg[/attachment] Yes im missing a sock not sure where it ran off to. Its around here some where.

more pics with the sump on the riser and all the pluming done now . [smilie=clapping.gif][attachment=2]IMG_3345.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]IMG_3346.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]3.jpg[/attachment]vary dark pic so i outlined it.

Under the stand. Lots of room to add on. Yes trash bag liner in the stand too. Should hold about 10 gal if i have a leak. No electronics will set on the floor of the stand to be safe. [smilie=wink.gif][attachment=0]IMG_3353.JPG[/attachment] drain line with vent have room for 2 more add ons.[attachment=1]IMG_3355.JPG[/attachment] The top valve is for the return to the tank the rest is add ons.[attachment=2]IMG_3352.JPG[/attachment]

now some bad cell phone tank pics.These are about 3 week old b4 i had the sump up and running. [smilie=dull.gif]