100+ Gallon Custom Aquarium For Sale - $700 OBO

jvswan

Premium Member
Custom aquarium for sale. Not exactly sure how many gallons it is because I’ve never done the math. If it were a rectangle, it would measure 51” long by 22” wide by 23” tall (to the water line). Seven piece set (custom glass aquarium with overflow and euro bracing, base cabinet, canopy, left & right bases, left & right hutches). The right bottom cabinet is wired for multiple plugs. I also wired it with control wire and bus bars so the electronics can be controlled with something like a ReefPi. It is great because the electronic stuff is completely separated from the sump area and totally dry. The left bottom cabinet is designed for a refugium. I originally split the overflow water and sent some to the fuge, but I never got it working the way I wanted, so I don’t use it any more.

Only kind of bad thing is that the canopy was originally designed to open across the top with a piano hinge. The cabinet doors were decorative. I decided to remove the decorative cabinet doors, cut openings behind them, and remount them as functional cabinet doors. Unfortunately, my jig saw went wonky a few times and the doors and holes are not square. They can be repaired, I just never got around to it. The doors open and close as intended, though, making feeding a lot easier. For cleaning and water changes I still open the front of the canopy, which flips up and back for full access to the top.

The aquarium and cabinets will also come with the refugium (an acrylic cube that holds about 8 - 10 gallons), the sump, all plumbing, the external DC return/circulation pump, and an aluminum fixture that fits perfectly into the canopy and holds two T5 lights. They were originally supplemental actinic bulbs. I’ve been using full spectrum LED reef lights, so I haven’t been using the aluminum fixture. Would be cool to mount the LEDs in the fixture, though, and use the T5s to supplent. Currently the fixture comes with an actinic bulb and a reef spectrum bulb.

BTW, the glass is pretty thick. Like, 1/2” thick. The aquarium, empty, probably weighs about 120 pounds. There are some light scratches on the inside. Nothing I ever notice when water is in the tank except when I’m cleaning the glass and the light is just right.

This is pretty much a turn-key system. For anyone paying the asking price I’ll also include the two DC wavemakers I use. They are slaved together to create a nice moving wave across the whole tank. They can be adjusted for amplitude and frequency. Each pump moves about 1,100 GPH of water.

Aquarium is located in SE Arlington, near Mansfield. Asking $700 OBO. For fastest reply, please text area code two - five - two, 8 7 6 - 1 1 3 5.

Livestock for sale here:

https://forum.dfwmas.org/index.php?threads/moving-sale.45661/

Want a skimmer to go with this aquarium? I have a two-year-old Maxspect Jump SK400 skimmer in good condition. Asking $220.

07454257-D8EC-4102-8E8B-E21B3BC12429.jpeg

6FDCF02A-3F61-4C54-BE44-1374A8B19E97.jpeg

EFF88C0F-6512-4DB9-A7ED-51BB902BBBD8.jpeg

Last edited:
Buyer backed out. Willing to sell everything I have left for $500. Needs to go tonight or tomorrow.

Here’s what you’ll get for $500:

Aforementioned tank and stand
Aluminum light fixture for 2 T5 bulbs
DC Return Pump
20+ gallon sump
10 gallon Fuge
I’ll also include the Maxspect skimmer ($400+ retail)
Wavemakers
A bunch of assorted food, tools, and materials

Livestock included:
Huge black saddleback clown
Orchid dottyback
Firefish
Tonga fighting conch
Neon green leather coral
GSP colony on its own, isolated rock
A small rainbow bubble tip anemone
A frag of montipora setosa
Red/blue montipora
Green encrusting montipora
Small colony of Favites
Rock with colony of green/blue acans and a few red/blue acans
Rock and sand

To be clear, this is a used custom made aquarium and cabinet. The cabinetry is first rate (except for where I screwed up the canopy doors). The aquarium is nice and is in good condition for a used aquarium. As mentioned, because of working out of state, the aquarium has been poorly cared for and there are some aiptasia and cyano. I really need to get this out of the house asap. Unfortunately, the buyer who originally asked for it didn’t leave me much time.

Here is a terrible picture of a flaw in the aquarium. There is a glass chip in the top of one of the sealed edges. About 1/2” long, but does not go all the way through the silicone. It is covered by the canopy when closed. The bracing below this flaw is solid. I’m including the photo because this is why the seller backed out. I didn’t notice it and it’s never been a problem, but I want to be totally honest. This is a used aquarium.

FFA20D87-0361-4E41-B9F9-82F4BDB6E775.jpeg