Search results

1. T

Back to 101....

Ok, so I took a reef tank, broke it down and moved it to the office. I filled it with salt water and let it run for 3 weeks. Then I filled it with cured actively used live rock for a couple of weeks before putting in four fish... They didn't make it. The water couldn't check any better. No...
  2. T

4WD fish tank?

Ok, so I've never done any kind of build thread but I'm really exited about this tank. I have an off-road themed burger place in Bridgeport and I had this idea... I used 2x3's for the stand just because they were cheap! alt=""> I'm using a bow front tank that I had and wanted it to...
  3. T

Great discovery with missing light...

I have had a 72 bow front running for about 8 months or more. I have had some really nice soft corals but things never seemed very happy. I have been running a 4 bulb t5, all on or all off, with a white, pink and 2 blues. About 3 weeks ago I noticed that my white bulb had turned and dropped out...
  4. T

What's up with my fox coral?

I've been wanting a fox coral for a whole. I found one that needed some TLC and got a great deal on it. It did great right off the bat. Both heads opened and looked really nice for 3/4 weeks. Suddenly one of the heads started to shrivel. I fed it and it opened back up for a couple of days then...
  5. T

Bought a torch coral at Fragniappe....

I bought a torch coral at the swap in New Orleans Saturday. I didn't get home until 4am Monday morning. I floated the bag for a bit and put the coral in before going to work.... I don't think it will survive. It is really stringy and mostly skeleton. Is there anything I should try?
  6. T

White on sun coral

My sun coral has a white sponge type stuff growing between polyps. Any suggestions. It pulls off fairly easy but only what you can get hold of...
  7. T

Crazy! Tenicals are out everywhere...

What's up with my corals? Everything has tennicals going everywhere! I wish I could get a picture up. My lights haven't gone off yet and I was about to feed and all of a sudden I noticed my green hairy mushroom had dozens of tennicals reaching out everywhere. Then everything else did the same. I...
  8. T

Ok, enough a enough...GHA

ok, I understand the problems that can cause GHA. I have new t5 bulbs, been doing frequent water changes, feeding less, plucking by hand and what I expect to be the real problem, changed my RODI filters. I've put more snails etc so how do I get rid of this stuff? I am going to do a 3 day lights...