Search results

1. R

Manjano?

I found this guy in my fuge on some macro algae I just purchased. I assume it's a manjano, but don't keep mens so I am unsure.
  2. R

Help ID please

I was looking into my tank a couple of weeks ago and found this little guy. I believe it may be a harmless tunicate, but I am unsure. I thought I would turn to the forum to see if some of you may know for sure. Sorry for the cruddy picture quality I had to take them with my phone. Thanks
  3. R

New to reef keeping

I recently traded out my 120g non drilled tank to a 5' 125g reef ready tank. In the process of switching I was able to purchase a 4 bulb HOt5 set up and a couple more power heads. I Have had my 120g as a saltwater tank with over flow and skimmer as a FOWLER set up for a little more than a...
  4. R

New to me 60" 125g

I recently was lucky enough to find someone that wanted to trade my 120g undrilled tank, stand and canopy for their 125g drilled tank with stand. I thought that since I have to re-inforce the stand and start basically from scratch I would make this build thread. Day 1: I was able to get the...
  5. R

New Volitan

I was able to purchase a new lion over the Thanksgiving holidays along with a few others. So far so good. My only problem is that the lion is only eating live. He ate my one saltwater Molly on Thursday, but has not touched any of the other fish in the tank. They are to big to fit in his...
  6. R

Cloudy water

I am fairly new to the salt side of things and have been on DFWMAS for a couple of months. I have a large tank 125g that I converted to salt in January. It will be a FOWLR tank eventually and has about 75lbs of now live rock, bought dead rock and re-seeded. I do not have a live sand bed and...
  7. R

Mollies

I had a bad case of Ich hit my tank a little over 2 months ago. I recently read that mollies can be kept in salt and decided to use them to test the tank again since they are on sale at the petsmart, $1. I was successful at acclimating one and the other died after dumping her fry into the tank...
  8. R

Undulated Trigger

I recently added an Undulated Trigger about 6" to my tank. He only comes out of the rocks for food and then disappears again. Has anyone kept one of these and how aggressive are they? I know I am missing 2 domino damsels that I added at the same time. I paid almost nothing for the damsels so...
  9. R

In tank wet dry Filter

I recently was able to obtain a custom built 75 gallon tank. It has an internal wet dry system and has all pumps needed. Unfortunely I have never seen one like this and have no idea how to set it up. Here is what I do know. the water enters the center chamber and flows into the top chamber...
  10. R

My 5 gallons of salt

Hello everyone. Well I finally was able to resize my images and get a couple of my first salt tank up. I started with an Aqueon Evolve 8. The tank turns out to only hold 5 gallons of water, but I liked the AIO and it was in my budget at the time. The tank has been running since July 2012...