Search results

1. C

Arrr Algae!

Hey guys! As some of you know my husband has a 12 gl Nano DX at his office. It crashed last December and I brought it home and cleaned it up real good. Scrubbed the rocks that had algae on it a number of times and then put it all back together using some new rock along with the old. I guess that...
  2. C

Sand sifting gobies and Mandarins

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Bully Spotted Hawk and maybe getting a couple of golden headed gobie sandsifters. I understand that they do a pretty good job of sand sifting and I was hoping they would help to keep the top of my sand cleaner. However...they main reason I want to get rid...
  3. C

My 12 gl Nano tank Died!

I had to break down my husbands 12 gl Nano this evening at his office. His royal gramma had died a couple of months ago and then his cute little clown goby died the other day and all of the corals are crapped out :cry: ...candy cane, frog spawn, bunch of ricordia mushroom and a good sized rock...
  4. C

Getting Nervous!

Last couple of nites I've had an incident where I turned off the tank and my sump flooded. Fortunately I caught it pretty quickly both times. I was reading thru some notes that Marc and given me awhile back about drilling a hole in the return spout. I thought mine had one. Maybe it does but is...
  5. C

250 gl tank

A friend (Jeff) and,my husband and I had a very interesting day today. One of our employees bought a couple of bearded dragons for her kids and wanted a big tank to put them in . She found someone wanting to sell their 6ft long aquarium for $50.00. She said she would give me whatever was in the...
  6. C

What is this?

[I've been noticing some yellow looking stuff in my tank for awhile. I started noticing it several months ago after I dosed the tank with some kenomycin. It may have been there before that , I really don't know. I wondered if maybe it was a fungus or maybe a sponge. It seems like it is spreading...
  7. C

Ricordea will eat anything - Check out this pic

[Oh my goodness! I had no idea they could eat anything that large. Is the starfish still alive? Cindy]
  8. C

Is my bta splitting?

[Just a while ago my BTA did something I've never seen it do before. The mouth of it got HUGE and appeared to be stretching itself from one end to the other. It must have been at least 4 inches long or more. It kind of looked like the insides were coming out. A couple of tentacles was out of its...