Recent content by vthondaboi

1. V

LED vs MH Comparo

Almost done with the LEDs. Need to wire up the fans and add a glass shield, optics and I'm done. alt=""> alt=""> Tank color is a mix of those two kind of. Water definitely has that 14-20k look but there's some purple/pink hue to it also. 48 RB XPE @ 700ma and 24 CW XPG at 1000ma. Tank...
  2. V

AC3 web options?

I was wondering how you guys hooked up your AC3s to the net without running a cable through the attic? So far I found two options, a Powerline Network or a wireless game adapter. What has worked best for you?
  3. V

Solar Flare T5 Par readings

To start with by no means am I a pro when it comes to measuring stuff the "correct" way. I did turn off my pumps when testing though. Hopefully next week I can test some other fixtures I have laying around. My Aquactinics Solar Flare is about 2 years old. It uses IC relectors, ballasts and...
  4. V

reverse superman monti?

picked this beauty up from scott today reverse superman perhaps? the polyps are a neon blue like on a hermit when viewed in the tank pic is from scott's site, it's not as red as the pics in my tank but i could see it getting there
  5. V

Oceanic 30 Cube

Well since no one bought it I set it up at my new apartment. Specs: Oceanic 30g Tank and stand 1 1.5" over flow and 2 returns 150W Sunpod Mag 3 return Tunze 6025 Tunze 9010 custom sized sump made to fit stand perfectly rigged home depot/wal-mart refugium light It's been up and running for a...
  6. V

Dien & Kris's RBTA Prop Station

Well I've been thinking about doing this for a while but time and space was always in the way. When I saw a tank go up for sale I liked I then asked Kris if he would house it and we would do this together. Got the tank in October from a fellow member and slowly set it up and let it cycle. We...
  7. V

my hot pink Sherman

Well a couple of months ago I thought my Sherman splitting, came home and didn't see the clone, thought I was just imagining things. Replaced my sump last week and saw a bubblegum like substance against the glass. Touched it and it moved! So there was the long lost RBTA. I just up and dumped...
  8. V

Ranco Temperature Controller

I was wondering how accurate the temperature is on these things. Also does the whole probe part, like 1.5' need to be submerged? Is the cork-tape it comes with reef safe?
  9. V

what brand of carbon?

Just wondering what brand of carbon you guys run. Been thinking about doing it forever but I've been lazy.
  10. V

w00t

nano forum has risen :D
  11. V

tank shot with all my nems out

Well they're all out and the clowns are ignoring them. They were playing in a Ritteri at the LFS, oh wells. alt="">
  12. V

new tank buddies?

Well took a shot this morning of my fish hanging out together. All are eating Formula One Pellets, woohoo! I realize my tank is only 60G but I have nitrates at below 10 and have no aggression from any of the fish. What could I add that has some personality to it? I like how my tang and...
  13. V

days for hypo to kick in

Well Ive started lowering the salinity in my QT tank on Saturday and it's been at 1.010 for 24 hours now. Was wondering how long it might take for the ich to start falling off. Also might it be a good idea to put the fish through a FW dip as two of them are really active and eat a lot.
  14. V

unreal prostrata

well I was over at Brian and Andy's place the other day and took some pics, the raspberry prostrata they got from Tranquil Scape looked very nice and when I came home I couldn't believe it was that vibrant of a color first pic is unmolested and the second pic had a little "photoshop" done to it...
  15. V

new tank addition - anglers - RIP little buddy

Well got two anglers while shopping around yesterday. I guess they just "pop" up at the stores whenever wholesalers feel like giving one out. The picture below is a wartskin angler and stays under 4 inches usually. He's just about full grown. Saw him eat and ghost shrimp ealier, and well...