Recent content by SALT

1. S

Assorted fish and real reef LR

I messaged about some live rock. Any left?
  2. S

2 Brute 44 Gallon Commercial Barrels with wheels

Still have these if anyone is interested.
  3. S

McKinney, TX by 75 and Eldorado. I would be willing to meet half way if it was not too far.
  4. S

Hello, Beuller, anyone???
  5. S

Wtb a 40g breeder stand

I have this.
  6. S

I have 2 Brute 44 gallon commercial barrels on wheels for sale. Only used for water changes on my fish tanks. Asking $100.00 for the pair.
  7. S

Free sump or other hermit crab

I have a hermit crab that came in with clean up crew and turns out he was not a dwarf. Certified snail killer. He is a bit smaller than a ping pong ball. Free to anyone who wants. Just reply with contact info and I can meet you. If you feel you want to trade for something I am in bad need of...
  8. S

Free Hermit Crab - McKinney Edorado West of 75

Well let me try this again.  Last post is in list but blank when clicked on. I have a hermit crab that came in with clean up crew and turns out he was not a dwarf. Certified snail killer. He is a bit smaller than a ping pong ball. Free to anyone who wants. Just reply with contact info and I can...
  9. S

FREE TO GOOD HOME 5 Zebra Finches, 3 Male, 2 Male, Have Bred w/ Cage all paraphernaliaFREE TO GOOD HOME

Wife went back to work and unfortunately we need to cut back on the pets a bit so like the topic title saysFREE TO GOOD HOME 5 Zebra Finches, 3 Male, 2 Male, Have Bred w/ Cage all paraphernalia FREE TO GOOD HOMEWe do have the nesting containers but have them out of the cage so no breading will...
  10. S

What would you do after tank crash?

Well I had a very bad tank crash a few weeks back. Here are the 911 threads, http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=76122 http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=76172 At this point my fish and what few corals that are left are being kept by a friend but I want to start...
  11. S

Moving from Fluorescent to MH/VHO - Looking for Input

Hello Reefers, For years I have been running Overdriven 48" - T-8 and or Normal Output T-12 Fluorescent bulbs on Icecap 660s (4 - 6500K, 4 - 03 Actinic). I have decided to give MH a try. Here is my plan. I will run 2 - 175 Mogul base 10Ks (I was thinking Reeflux) on a dual 175 ballast using...
  12. S

Thinking about going MH

I have an Oceanic 105 that has the wide center support brace It is filled with mostly softies, a few LPS and nems. I have always dreamed of getting the glitter lines of MH lighting. Not to mention I have always wanted to get a clam. I currenlty run Over driven 6500K and Actinic T8s on two...
  13. S

Knock Knock anybody home - just me and my 8 tentacles

Found this on the news links this AM. Pretty neat!! http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/12/octopus-tools/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Index+3+%28Top+Stories+2%29%29
  14. S

Fiji Leather needs a V8

Mine seem to like high flow areas but that is to get polyp extension. I have not had a slump over issue.
  15. S

Cloudy area on Copper Band Butterfly (CCB) tail

Hello All, Well I have had this CCB in QT for 7 weeks now. He is very active. Eats well and has good color but ....... After he was in QT for about 4 Weeks he developed this cloudy area on his tail. First thing I thought was ich but I have watched it very closely and it does not seem to...