Recent content by pantera

1. P

Green Polyps

My green polyps are getting lighter and lighter in color. What's going on?
  2. P

wiring problem

I am trying to retro fit an old T5 HO 6 bulb system into another tank. My problem is because the new reflectors I bought are so wide, There will only be enough room for 5 bulbs. Does any know how to wire them up. I am using 2-ICN-2S54 Centium Ballasts.
  3. P

Identify this crab ???

Can anyone tell me what type of crab this is. I was told it was a green emerald when I bought it, but I don't think so.
  4. P

Adding Sand

I.ve heard that it is not good to add sand to an established tank (2 yrs.old) After vacuming up red slime I have lost some of the sand and would like to replenish it. Any thoughts on this.
  5. P

Red Slime ???

I have what I think is red slime. After reading some of the forum replys, I have one difference. My sand is clumpingaround what I think is red slime. I keep sucking it out but it keeps comming back. Pretty soon I will be out of sand. Nitrates are 0. Is this red slime? What can I do to get rid...
  6. P

Any ideas on what this is.

I've been moving the rocks around in my tank because I have an outbreak of red slime. I was looking for something that died and I found this. ANy ideas? It is soft and spongy. About the size of a 1/2 dollar. I'm afraid to try and remove it. It was in a very dark area. very little light if any.
  7. P

Brown hairy stuff

I have a 75 gal. Its 18 months old. Within the last 3 months, I am getting this brown hairy stuff all over. Water temp. is 79 F. I have 6 T5's 3@10,000, 3@ Actinic. The 10K's are on 10 hours a day.The Actinic are on 11 hours a day. I have an Octopus needlewheel skimmer, I have a RO DI system, I...