Recent content by matter1331

1. M

newest addition

I just got this little guy in Houston, he doesn't have his anemones, but I was able to get him to eat from an eye dropper. I guess we'll see how it goes. http://tinyurl.com/yscrcx
  2. M

pom pom crab sans pom poms

I just got a pom pom crab today that unfortunately does not have its anemones. Does anyone know if the anemones can be purchased separately? I know that they kind of have a poor track record in aquariums, so anyone with one have any advice or suggestions?
  3. M

small external overflow box?

I'm looking for a really tiny external overflow box for a 7 gallon tank. I'd like it to be no more than 3" wide. Has anyone seen one that is being manufactured, or is this more than likely going to end up being a custom/diy thing?
  4. M

nano external overflow box?

I'm looking for a very small overflow box for my 7 gallon. All of the ones that I've seen are pretty good size, I'm looking for something maybe a couple of inches wide and not super deep. Does anyone know of a company or someone who makes them?
  5. M

updated pictures of the 7 gallon

Well, after doing alot of rearranging over the past couple of months, I finally found some time to take a few pictures. The link has some pictures of the tank when it was first set up, sans MH and fuge, so you can see how far it's come. Forgive my unsteady hand on some of them, I'm still...
  6. M

What's your take on this?

Ok, I've been reading around some posts and I've seen so many people labeling bristleworms as these terrible things that hunt and kill fish. From everything I've seen over the 6 years I've been doing this I can't believe it to be true. Everytime I've seen a bristleworm on a fish the fish has...
  7. M

id on leather disease

I just got back in town after being out for about 4 days and my lovely toadstool leather has four holes about half the diameter of a bic pen. My clowns host in it, but they've been doing it for a while with no problems. Three of the four holes are straight through, the other looks like it's...
  8. M

nano skimmers

What kind of skimmer does everyone run on their nano? I really need to get one for my 7 gallon and the only one I'm aware of is the Fission nano skimmer. Does anyone use this one? Good, bad, or is there something really cool I don't even know about?
  9. M

finally id'd my algae

Just in case anyone was wondering what the algae I couldn't ID was, I finally found it in a book, it's called Acetabularia sp., common name mermaid's cup or wine glass algae. It's a type of macro algae, but doesn't really serve any purpose as far as nutrient export like the other macros...
  10. M

algae ID

I have what I'm almost positive to be an algae growing in my 7 gallon. I would take a picture but it would be very hard to distinguish with the camera I have right now, so I'll try to describe it as best as I can. It almost looks like a zoanthid or button polyp with a slender stalk. It's...
  11. M

finger algae!

So I have this darn finger algae all over a rock in my nano and it's starting to get annoying. I have zero phosphates in the water but it still persists. Does anything eat this stuff, maybe an urchin? I really don't want to mess around with the LR again, so having something to eat it would be...
  12. M

flatworm eating inverts?

I'm looking for a way to get rid of all the flatworms in my little 7 gallon, but I don't want to use flatworm exit just because there's so many of them and I don't want to risk polluting the tank with toxins. I thought about a small six line wrasse, but I really don't want to try and catch it...
  13. M

CPR aquafuge owners, need some help

I just got my HOB fuge, it's a CPR aquafuge and it's up and running. My problem is that the return in the last chamber of the fuge is not completely submerged therefore putting bubbles into the main tank. I tried toying around with it but with no success. Has anyone else had this problem with...
  14. M

interceptor and uv sterilizer?

We have a pretty bad red bug problem right now and are in the initial phases of preparing to treat and a thought occurred. It may have been covered in another post that I didn't read, but what about using a uv sterilizer while doing the treatment? I know that it'll kill pods and other micro...
  15. M

Finally, pictures of our 215

I finally took some pictures of our 215 reef tank after it's been up almost a year. Excuse the quality of some of the pics, I don't have the best camera. The tank is a 215 oceanic with a 36 gallon fuge. We're also doing a closed loop system that goes through a sqwid. I didn't get pictures of...