Recent content by Fenix_XIII

1. F

AI - Lights for Sale - SOLD

Hello, I have some used lights I would like to sell. 1 - Hydra 26 (black) - Wifi Version - $150 1 - Hydra 26 (white) - Wifi Version - $100 - will need PS soon. Power supply cable has a nick in it that I repaired with heat shrink. It works but you may want to find a PS online to replace it...
  2. F

FREE - Melanarus Wrasse

I have a full grown Melanarus Wrasse that just needs a bigger tank than my 75 gallon. He is free to anyone that can prove that they have a bigger tank. Porch pick up in South Fort Worth. 
  3. F

Glass Sponge?

Hello everyone,  I'm hoping someone can ID this weird growth that sprung up out of no where. It's about the size of a quarter and looks like a glass sponge.  My first instinct was that it was some dried up super glue but then it started growing and the honeycomb-like structure is too...
  4. F

Can there be too many moon lights?

A while back I bought some LED moonlights and I just got around to adding them to my set up. I thought it would look neat to have a sort of spot light effect focusing each moonlight on 4 of my favorite corals. But after some thought and coming to the realization that people now use LED's as...
  5. F

I left my salt mix open and now it's wet. Is it safe to use?

Hi, Hey guys, I left the bucket of Salt mix open since last Sunday and did not notice it until I went to make a new batch of saltwater yesterday. Now it has apparently sucked moisture out of the air and it is wet and has formed rocks. Are there any dangers in me keeping it? I don't want to...
  6. F

Mystery Hitchhiker. Urchin?

Hi guys, I found this guy in my tank last night. He looks like a black anemone/urchin but flat. Should I keep him or is he dangerous? Here are some bad pics, sorry but he's under a rock and I can't a good angle. alt=""> alt=""> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Miguel
  7. F

Will a 250w MH ballast run a 150w bulb?

Hi, My 150w ballast crapped out on me a couple of days ago and I have an old 250w ballast in the garage. I was wondering if the 250w ballast could actually run the 150w bulb. They are both electronic ballasts and they are both for Metal Halide bulbs. The difference is the wattage of course and...
  8. F

Cycling

Hi everyone, I've decided to get back into the hobby after a 2 year hiatus due to financial reasons. I had a 25 gallon tank that I took down about 2 years ago and I've recently purchased a 20h tank that I'm going to be starting in a month or so. I kept all of my LR from my previous tank but it...
  9. F

To all zoo owners - Thought i would share my experience

[The day before yesterday I was looking in my tank and what do I see? A nudibranch crawling on my front glass! I was all excited at first until I remembered that there are nudibranches out there that feed on zoos. So I look up "zoo eating nudibranches" and found a picture of the little suckers...