Recent content by bjasmin

1. B

Upgrading

I have a FOLR set up that I have had success with for two years now. I am ready to move to the next level and add coral. I know I need to change lighting requirements. I presently have a single strip power compact Orbit fixture with 4 65w flourescent bulbs and a fan. My tank is 110gal and...
  2. B

Good bad and ugly - Lt anemone

[I had a LTA for several months and it decided to split, now I have 2 they are healthy and beautiful. My maroon clowns love to host in them. Yesterday, one of them ate my cleaner shrimp.... bummer! :very angry: :very angry:]
  3. B

Sea horses - Tank mates

[Are there any tank mates for sea horses in general or should they be housed alone? I know they don't compete well for food. How about anemones, are they safe with horses? Thanks]
  4. B

Sea-horse set up - New set up

[I have an old 20 gal long tank and was thinking of setting it up for sea-horses. I would be using an overflow filter with a bio-wheel. Can anyone give me some advise on setting it up and a source for livestock?]
  5. B

Anemone - Safe?

[My wife wants me to put one or more anemone(s) in my reef. Are there any that are safe and won't kill or sting my coral. I have softies and LPS, mushrooms and zoos in my 110 gal tank. Thanks.]
  6. B

Local rock yards - What to buy

[At our meeting this month, I was talking with Patrick (don't know his last name). He was telling me about rock he purchased at a local rock yard that makes excellent base and eventually live rock. Think he said .20 per pound. He said there was a thread in DIY that explains all about it. I...
  7. B

Garlic - Any substitute

[I have been using Kent Garlic Xtreme for treating food. My fish seem to love it and everything I have read indicates there are benifits from it. It is time to replenish my supply. The LFS's have it for around $18.00 for a 1 oz bottle. It is $8.99 on the internet. I was wondering if there...
  8. B

Kent buffer - Substitute

[I use Kent Super Buffer from time to time to help with PH control, seems to be woriking fine. Is baking soda an acceptable substitute? Every little cost savimng helps....]
  9. B

Yellow tang - Health?

[I am relatively new to the hobby. I set up a 20 gal long tank from stuff I had in the garage and it appears to be doing well. It has a biowheel filter, flourescent lighting, 30 lbs of live rock, and some soft corals and fish. All the water chemistry is normal. I have a small yellow tang in...