Recent content by bigtex52

1. B

Vortech Gen 2 flash

I just got one of my MP40Ws back from EcoTech and they were supposed to flash my driver to Gen 2 and send me some Gen 2 magnets. It came back today with new magnets but the driver shows Version 1.3 in the flashes. Anyone in or near Carrollton with a Gen 2 driver that can help me out with a flash...
  2. B

MH that doesn't fire on first try

Why would one of my MH's not fire on the first try every now and then? It is an Icecap ballast and a Phoenix bulb (DE). Five minutes after the failure, it always fires right up on the next try. I've checked connections and everything is tight and corrosion free. Maybe a weak cap in the ballast?
  3. B

More ID's Please

This first one is coming in on a piece of live rock and is about the size of a quarter. Very hard and stony and dark maroon. There are a lot of small ones popping up in different places on the same rock. All are growing. alt=""> I'm pretty sure this second one is an aiptasia. It's attached...
  4. B

ID Help Please

I am looking for an ID of these critters. Nems? The biggest one is about 3/16" in dia, with a stalk and is white white: alt=""> alt=""> Please ignore the GHA :?
  5. B

Help with ID Please

Can anyone give me an idea of what these are? They hitchhiked in on some LR rubble I got from the frag swap on Saturday. This first one is kinda blurry but never extends more than this. I was thinking maybe aiptasia but maybe majano. It is about 1/4" in diameter: alt=""> These next 2 of the...
  6. B

Anyone ever drilled an Ocean View Aquarium Products tank?

I have a Tall 110 and want to drill it, but can't seem to find out much about these tanks. I assume that the aquarium mfr. in Pascagoula MS by the same name is the one, but no one answers today and they don't have a website. Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks, Ted
  7. B

Anyone know about what a tall 110 (1/2" glass) weighs dry?

Subject say it all. Thanks! Ted