Recent content by BigScott

1. B

Hair Algae Problem

I have a mass amount of hair algae growing in my tank, mainly on the back wall. For some reason it doesn't seem to be attatched to the rocks. What are some suggestions to get rid of it? Livestock suggestions? I would prefer not to use another chemical as I just got done with a chemiclean...
  2. B

stocking suggestions

I am getting ready to start adding fish to my 140 reef. I have a long way to go but I thought I would get some stocking suggestions. As of right now there is very little that I have considered putting in my tank and I wanted your input. What would you do? The only things that I have decided...
  3. B

Seeding a Tank

I am starting a new reef tank and was curious what your recommendations are for seeding the tank. I have heard I should seed it with pods first, what is the best way to do this? Also, is there a booster for coraline algea, aside from other live rock? What else do you recommend for a brand new...
  4. B

Tank Building Help

Ok, I bought a complete setup recently and I have never used one like this before. I could use a little help. Marc, as we talked about, here are the pics. I will try to make things (much) clearer than I was able to on the phone. Thanks for your patience. I seem to be having trouble...
  5. B

Could my perc be now blind?

Do you see any damage to the area around the eyes? Is there any unusual coloration on or around the eyes? Is the fish swimming into the rocks and glass? Whatever information you can give will help. BigScott
  6. B

Lionfish

One of my favorite fish has always been the lionfish. I know that they will eat smaller fish, such as what we would normally keep in a reef tank, but will they mess with corals? I guess what I would like to know is could they be kept in a reef tank? I have thought about this in the past and...
  7. B

Rotifers

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what rotifers are. I see people talking about feeding them to baby fish but I have no idea what they are, much less how they are obtained and cultivated. Could someone give a little information for my edification? Thanks. BigScott