What is the best protein skimmer? - If ease of use and cost are considered.

[Well, I still don't think my current skimmer is working correctly or I am doing something wrong so I may have to break down and buy a new or another skimmer.

I was looking for suggestions as to the best skimmer if performance, cost, and ease of use were all considered. I have a 58 gallon tank but would like the skimmer to be rated to at least, say, 75 gallons or so. Skimmer needs to be HOT and easy to do such. Another problem of my tank/skimmer is that the skimmer does not attach very well. The part that attaches to the tank is not wide enough to accomodate the tank top/wall so I've had to adapt it.

Anyway, any suggestions you might have would be much appreciated.

Thanks.]

[I've been using CPR Bakpaks and have gotten pretty good and cost-effective service out of them.

Then I bought a Remora Pro from Mitch.

There's a big gap between #1 and #2 in firearms, sippin' whiskey, dancin' babes and skimmers. The Remora Pro was churning suds out almost as soon as I dropped it in the tank and turned it on. Hmmmmm....

The Remora Pro uses the Bennet Injector Technomology as does the TriggerSys skimmers. Aqua C is one of the premier skimmer manufacturers but pricey - score it used if you can unless your ego overpowers your checkbook and if that happens a lot, I think we should go drinking and soon!

Another fine skimmer that uses the Bennet injector technomology is TriggerSys - made locally and is definitely not Hang On technology - these skimmers are designed to be robust enough suck the chrome off a 2" trailer hitch ball or a golf ball through a 100 ft garden hose, or is it both at the same time, I forget but whichever imagery you'd like to entertain... Truly the skimmer for the super studly as it is BIG! and Powerful!

IF Smilin' Bob of Enzyte.com ever needs a skimmer I just know its gonna be a TriggerSys...and that should be more than enough of a recommendation for us all if you know what I mean and I think you do...]

Edited By cpalmist on 1095126996

[Oh, cleaning your pump/powerhead (white vinegar) usually tunes up your skimmer like new...at least it does on CPR's...]

[FYI, it's Beckett injector and the AquaC's use a spray injection. The only downfall to the beckett injector is the need of a larger pump. I wouldn't try to run the beckett injector skimmer on anything less than a pressure rated pump. I tried to run one on a mag12 and mag18 and it didn't cut it. I agree the AquaC's are great skimmers ( I'm currently running one), but the euroreef's are impressive as well.]

[Thanks for the info - I'm running a Sequence pump with the TriggerSys, thanks to James' invaluable advice. Used to worry about 100's of gallons per hour - had to change thinking to 1000's of gallons per hour with the TriggerSys/Sequence pump combo.]

[I'd stick a Remora on your tank, or a Remora Pro if you feel you might upgrade in the near future.]

[AquaC Remore Pro w/Mag 3 is what Im using on my 100 gal. The Pro is HOT and is in my sump.This is after 3 days of collection.]