What else can i do?

[Woke up this morning to a starnge sound from my tank, My green LTA was wraped around a power head. The PH is a small one, MJ400.
I was able to hang a plastic container in the tank and I placed the LTA and the PH, un-plugged, in the container. Because I could only place the container directly under the 400w pendent I un-plugged the timer so it would not come on.
Will it detach itself by it self? I had to come to work so I could not try to pry it off. Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks]

[i saw something similar on reef central...a guy's rbta go tore up by a powerhead and was all inside of it. The guy had to disassemble the power head to get the anemone out...it eventually recovered. With the right water conditions and lighting, anemones can recover quite well.]

[Several years ago, my EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA large bubble did the same thing. When all was said and done I had 4 bubbles of various sizes. All I did is what you did. Wish I had a pic of that guy you just wouldn't believe how big it really was.]

[The guy has not moved since I set the tank up. So he was happy for about a month. It was kind of sad to see my clowns swiming circles around the "blob" on the end of the PH.
I fed it last night and it ate readily so I don't believe it was distressed at all. I'm going to rule it as accidental and not sucide!]

[It could take a couple of days for it to extract itself. My guess is it would be better if the clowns weren't bothering it during this phase, if possible.]

@Marc wrote:
[My guess is it would be better if the clowns weren't bothering it during this phase said:
[I agree he is in the container (About 2 gallon) by him self. I have hin under a 55wsuper actinic light. My wife just called me she went home and said that she thinks it is extracting itself. when I left there where no tenticles showing just a pale blob. Now there appears to be a lot of green showing.
Should I keep i under the softer light or should I go ahead and turn on the MH?]

[If you were there to observe it, I'd say sure. Since you aren't, how much more light would it get if you turned it on compared to where it normally was located? Would it be pretty much the same intensity, or would it be bathed in far more light now? If more, I'd not do it.]

[I would say leave it if it is extracting itself underthose conditions I would leave it in those condtions until it recovers enough to move back to the tank.]

[Thanx for the replies, I will check on it when I get home and decide the next step.
If I turned on the MH it would get alot more light. It has been living about 18" down and off to one side. His temp, hospital home is almost directly under the pendent at about 10". I will leave it off for a day or two, Everything else in the tank are zoos and softies and one small sps of some kind. They should be fine with reduced light for a day or two.
We will just pretend that we have a cloudy day on the reef! :smart:]

[Well the little guy did not make it. :sosad:
Got home last night and the water in the container was all cloudy and was polluting the rest of my tank. Picked it up and it already started to smell. My clowns look like they are really lost without thier home.

Anyone got a cheap anemone, prefer a green but any color LTA would be great.
Thanx for your help Is there a way to make PH more anemone friendly?]

[You can wrap the intake with a sponge, but you have to take it off and clean it all the time which is aggravating.

You might put a 6" piece of PVC on the intake drilled full of holes, so if an anemone crawled over it, it could stil easily continue travelling unharmed.]