What are these?

Eckolancer

Membership Expired
I have a few snails that Ive noticed that have these baby snails on them. Are they babies or are they a different type of snail? Do I need to worry about them?
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374283427.919446.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from inside the shark tank!

They are pyramid snails. If you have clams check them also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecko,

Pyramid snails consume mollusk's i.e. other snail's or clam's as a part of their diet. The ones you find eating your cleanup crew won't harm your clams, but they will decimate your cleaners, the reverse is true also in that the clam eating variety will not eat your clean up crew.

Cheers,

Well only have about 5 snails in my tank right now. so I guess when they are gone they will starve to death. Have about 250 hermits in the tank so I guess they can have a little snack :)

If you find them on your snails you can always manually remove them. It might not make a big dent, but the fewer of them the better. Why let them eat your snails when you can see them clearly? Besides, who doesn't like killing pests?

I took the few off that I could see. May have to check at night to grab the other snails and check them.

Dont know how well a wrasse would do with sandless bottom. I do have my almost 10 year old sand sifter that does fine in there.

Basically the little snails are like ticks to the larger snails/clams. Everyone hates ticks! Well, except yellow coris wrasses LOL.