upgrade time 75 to 300

bwrag

Membership Expired
Ok my wife has given me okay to upgrade. I will be taking my time and shopping around and putting everything together over next month or so. The area I have to work with is a 8.5 ft wide 3 ft deep nook. SO im thinking a 300 gallon W96"xD30"xH24". I would like to put it on 4 ft stand. please give input on what you think i need. It will be a sps reef like my current setup

1. tank 96"x30"xH24" will probaly buy from franks when ready unless I find a used one before then.
2. Sump need suggestions. I woud like 5 chambers. left to right filter socks>protein skimmer/pump for reactors>return pump>frag tank>refugium>filter socks. I would like to have the left side come into left side of sump and visversa. If this is a dumb Idea please let me know I was thinking at least a 100 gallon.
3. protein skimmer - Im thinking reef octopus 5000
4. I have brs reactors and mag 7 to run them already
5. stand I will weld a metal one then have a carpenter come in and make it look good.
6. ato i already have tunze osmolator
7. chiller - undecided
8. already have apex
9. lighting. Im a fan of t5 it is working well for me so here is my 2 ideas
A . 2 4ft 8 bulb dimable ati fixtures
B. 3 solatube with supplemental led strips for actintic and on cloudy days, probaly build my leds.
10. already have dosers.
11. return pump fluval sp6. im currently running mag 12 ill keep this as backup.
12. wave makers I have 2 tunze 6095 running at about 30% I was thinking 2 more and maybe a wave box.

Please give me any thoughts opinons. Nothing is set in stone like I said im taking my time. And purchasing items as i find good deals on them.

Okay I purchased tank. Bought marineland 300 dd. not exactly what I wanted but savings makes it worth it.

Now working on lighting does anyone have any suggestions.

Solatube for sure. They don't break, take power, need timers, natural seasonal lighting, best spectrum of light. I'm sure I could think of more. We're in the middle of building a house and even though I don't have a tank yet I'm putting 3 of them in for a future tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just worried about winter and not enough lighting. I'm a fan of t5 but this tank would need 4 36" fixtures

On reef central a guy did a sps tank with 3 250w and vho. And his was awesome so 400 maybe overkill.

Here is my option

3x250w my with 2x buildmyled actinics

Or

3x14 inch Solatubes with 2x buildmyled actinic and maybe 1 buildmyled 20000k spectrum for backup during winter months

okay now on to equipment. I will get everything together then breakdown and sell old equipment. Does this seem like a good deal.

equipment new my price
ati 6x54 non dimmable 510 200
75 gallon rr tank and stand 600 150
trigger sump 260 100
Octopus 200 Skimmer 290 100
tunze 6095 x2 550 150
mag 9.5 return 95 40
2 screen tops 40 10
tunze wave maker 289 150

total total

2634 900

If someone buys it all I would do 700

this is not a advertisment just want input if yall think my prices are to high when i decide to put everything up for sale.

btw way Im picking up 3 250 watt mh this weekend to have on hand incase I decide to go that direction. but im now looking into leds.

Yea for now I'll probably go with the mh and 2 BMl 72" actinic. I have a 48" 12k or 14k. All I know is there bright. Eventually I would like to replace the mh with a couple 20k BMl fixtures. The 48" is forsale if anyone wants it

Okay not setup yet but equipment I have purchased for it so far
Reef octopus dc 300int
Jebao dc1200
3 250w my fixtures
1 72" reef brite actintic
1 dual head stenner for automatic water changes

Needing to get
Vho setup
Another actintic strip
Maybe another stenner for resivor less ato
And maybe replace apex jr with full blown apex
2jebao rw20
And bigger mixing station tanks 25 gallons currently
Chiller
Heater

another pointless update but just to keep me on track and goal in sight

Okay not setup yet but equipment I have purchased for it so far
Reef octopus dc 300int
Jebao dc1200
3 250w my fixtures and 2 400W going to go 400 watt at first to get things growing
1 72" reef brite actintic
1 dual head stenner for automatic water changes
heater
3 40lb bags of sand only 8 more to go
2jebao rw20
sump 24x60x16
frag tank
150w mh for frag and one for xenia refugium

Needing to get
Vho setup or t5 undecided
Another actintic strip
And maybe replace apex jr with full blown apex
And bigger mixing station tanks 25 gallons currently
Chiller
jaebo 6000 to run reactors and chiller
1 more 400w fixture

Okay some progress has been made I built a fish room its only 2 by 10, but better than nothing. I plumbed it and have setup my rodi unit. as well as a 100 gallon saltwater resivor and I have my automatic water changing unit up and running. currently did 5 gallons on my 75 yesterday and have it set to change 3 gallon per day until my byropsis clears up. (I have neglected my 75 some what focusing on the transition).

I also decided to go with hamilton cozmel sun 400 watt fixture I have all three. Im picking up a chiller sunday
so all i have left is by jabeo 6000 and decide on supplemental for MH. and get my stand and canopy.

Quick update on auto water changer I have had it up for 2 weeks now and it's running flawlessly. It changes 1 gal every 1.5hrs I run it 4 hrs per day on my 75. I know I'm changing a lot of water but I had a bad byropsis outbreak and it is receeding daily. I have it plumbed to a 105 gallon saltwater resivor and then the drain. If anyone is intrested in never doing another water change pm me and I'll help u set it up

Ok so I finally have all my equipment
3 400w mh fixtures will be running 10k ushio
2 60" bml actinic strips
2 apex lunar lights
2 jabeo rw20
1 gyre
300 lbs liverock
480 lbs sand
Ro 300int skimmer with automatic neck cleaner
Jabeo dc1200 return
Jabeo 600 to run reactor and chilled
Teco 20 chiller