Toxic Xenia ??

Can Xenia kill mushrooms??? Current caught some of my xenias and moved them on top of some mushrooms, when I got home from work... the mushrooms turned into slim...did the xenia do this???

Hmmm... I generally consider Xenia to be one of the less aleopathic (Coral chemical warfare) softies, and mushrooms to be one of the more aggressive ones, but there are so many chemical interactions amongst the critters we keep, anything is possible.

If this does turn out to be true, I might hafta put some Xenia in the "Mushroom Corner" of my tank to see if it can clean the area up for me! :wink:

Short answer = Whenever 2 corals are placed near or touching each other, there's a distinct chance that one or both of them will be adversely effected by attacking the other or by defending itself...

I've read the forum and found the same answer....but it seems like the xenia are toxic because it turned 2 green stripe mushrooms and 2 red mushroom into slime while the ones on the rock are fine. Any experience with xenias and kenya trees next to eachother???