Tinyfish's 20g

Tinyfish

Membership Expired
This tank has been set up for a couple of years, I just never felt like making a thread for it. But it is pretty interesting to me so I thought I would post some pictures.

Solorensis wrasse
alt="">

wrasse and corals
alt="">

zoanthid I have had for a very long time
alt="">

Emerald crab, it used to be tiny
alt="">

I change this tank a lot. The hair algae took over and I tried time after time to keep it out or remove it without success. I have since removed all the rocks and coral. I found two things. One the sand had hardened into a pan just below the surface. Two, my turtle grass sprigs looked the best when covered in hair algae. My conclusion was to scoop the sand and mound it around the turtle grass sprigs to the recommended depth of 6 inches. I was going to take the whole tank down but the sprigs never looked better and they have lived over 2 years so I thought I would give this a shot. It can't hurt, right?

Since the turtle grass seems to be putting out new leaves every so often I thought I would also try shoal grass again. This would make my attempt #8 for shoal grass. Also, since I transferred the fish out it looked kind of desolate. LiveAquaria was having a sale on spotted jawfish so I got two. The arrived in good shape and I covered the tank with a plastic bag. Gases can still be exchanged through the CPR skimmer on the back. I added some small rocks for the jawfish to use.

I may have to add a filter.

Well those of you who have tried to keep jawfish will understand this post. I woke up the next morning and one of the jawfish was dead on the floor. How it got out when the tank was covered with a plastic sheet is unfathomable. The one that is left seems to be adapting well.

I got my order of shoal grass and they included some Manatee grass also. The jawfish has a nice den but looks lonely to me. I have an order for some tankmates but who knows when I will get the shipment.

I think I need a small filter because there are no rocks in this tank, just lots of sand. I am thinking about the U1 or U2 that fit inside the tank. I have a U4 and really like it.