Time to go fishing!

Well I have had enough. The skunk clown must go. He is beating the life out of my True percs. I have wanted to get rid of him since I had the tank and just have not been able to catch him. Well his time is limited now. I tried a fishing method to see if he would take the bait. Sure enough he is just as stupid as all the rest of the fish I have caught in my life. So tomorrow I am going to buy some very small hooks and catch him the old fashion way. I would have done it tonight but the hooks I had were just a little bit too big. LOL I caught all 4 of my emerald anthias though. But they have bigger mouths.

LOL nope I have 300lbs of live rock. Traps wont work. Cannot net the fast bugger. So I fish for him Muhahahahaha. The hook is to big to swallow and no barb. Either way the fish must go. Either he takes the hook or I poison him. My 5 bar mystery wrasse and True Percs are way more valuable then this little 30 dollar menice.

Don't have to poison any of them now I caught him on the 2nd try. He is in the sump and ready to make his venture to DNF for a swap or credit. All is good. This method is really fun. And it does not hurt the fish. He is happy in the anenome in the fuge and he even got a piece of gulf shrimp out of it. If all else fails look outside the box. Just get a nuber 18 hook cut the barb off and put a piece of shrimp on it. I know some of you may think this is cruel but I am sorry. The mystery wrasse alone cost me $250 not including the other mystery wrasse he scared into my overflow that ended up dieing. If this affended anyone I am sorry. But the method worked and none of my fish are hurt.

Wow.. that is one expensive fish!!!

Here is a pic of a mystery wrasse for reference:

wrassefivebarMCsupp04+.jpg
alt="">

You didn't hurt my feelings. I thought that was a great idea. You could always keep the little guy in the sump with that anenome if you can't get much for him in a trade. Nice job...

You can only get these on special order and you will not get them from just any LFS. Scott got me my first one that was killed and I this one I got from one of my other contacts.

If you have the patience it will only take you 5 min tops to catch any fish in your tank. Today I played with the dreaded yellow tang just to see if he would take the bait. Wife is fighting me over this one but he must go as well. To me he is a eye sore when I have all these other rare fish and a plain old yellow tang. Bah I want to get a few more odities then get a couple of chevron tangs or a freak of nature tang

<
<hr class="bbcode_rule" />
matter1331

I'm glad you cut the barb off the hook, that's not so bad. I thought you were going to leave it and give the clown a nice little lip piercing! Congrats on the catch, any trophy pictures???