The upcoming solar eclipse 8/21/17

DFW

Membership Expired
[<u>The upcoming solar eclipse 8/21/17</u>]   [On the flat earth model this eclipse is easily explained. The sun, and moon circle this plane in a westerly direction around what we call the north pole. The sun's circuit has it travelling much faster than the moon, one circle in 24 hours. The moon makes one circle in about 27 days. The sun is simply passing the moon behind it, casting a west to east shadow on north America. Very simple!]   [On the ball earth model, with the moon said to be an average of 238,500 miles away, and said to travel a 1,423,000 mile, ][eastward][ orbit around earth going 2,288 miles per hour, there is a problem: ][The shadow of the moon is predicted to move from west to east across north America. ][Why is this a problem? I will attempt to very briefly explain.]   [Here in ][the ][USA where the eclipse is occurring, the earth is said to be rotating eastward at about 800 mph, making one full rotation after going about 19,][2][00 miles. At the equator this would be faster, and further, of course, about 1040 mph over 25,000 miles. In other words, ][and ][either way, ][the rotation/spin of earth is said to be 1/24th of ][a full][ rotation per hour. ][In order for the moon's shadow to move eastward across America, ][the moon ][ would need to be completing more than 1/24th of it's circuit around earth in an hour. ][ Should I repeat this? ][Yes, I think that I should! ][In order for the moon's shadow to move eastward across America, ][the moon ][ would need to be completing more than 1/24th of it's circuit around earth in an hour. ] [It would have to in order to cast this eastward moving shadow because that is the only way that it could overtake the earth's spin, ][and then cast this eastward moving shadow][. Doesn't that make sense?]   [If the moon was travelling 1/24th of of it's orbit around earth every hour, it would be forever locked in ][position ][above the same spot on earth! I hope that this is readily understood, because when this point is understood, this matter becomes very clear. ][If the moon was travelling 1/24th of of it's orbit around earth every hour, it would be forever locked in ][position ][above the same spot on earth! ] [The moon being said to travel at about 2.2 times as fast as earth does not account for the great distance ][that is said to be][ between them! If you see this travel like a spoke on a wheel you will understand that the outer edge of a wheel travels much further than the ][corresponding spot on the][ hub, ][but in the same amount of time. ][The distances travelled on the hub, and the outer edge are different, but the percentage of the total circumference travelled ][by ][ each is the same. ] [The distances travelled on the hub, and the outer edge are different, but the percentage of the total circumference travelled ][by ][ each is the same. ][The moon cannot even maintain a relationship with a point on earth ][at it's said speed][, much less ][pass it because it does not travel more than 1/24th of it's orbit in an hour][! ]   [In order for the moon's shadow to move eastward across America, ][the moon ][ would need to be completing more than 1/24th of it's circuit around earth in an hour. ]   [1,423,000 miles / 24 hours = 59,292 mph ]   [T][he moon would have to travel 59,292 miles in an hour just to maintain a fixed position above North America, ][or any point on earth][. Remember the spoke on a wheel! But th][is][ ball model says it moves ][at ][2,288 mph. ][Instead of travelling more than the 4.166% of it's orbit in an hour ][that][ the earth does in it's spin, it only travels 0.16% ][of it's said orbit, if in fact it is going 2288 mph][. The earth will spin approximately 26.04 complete spins by the time the moon travels one orbit.]   [1/ 24 = .04166 ][ –] [earth's said percentage/ hour of one rotation] [2][288 mph / 1,423,000 miles = .0016 ] [[– ]][[moon's said percentage/ hour of one orbit around earth]] [.][04166/ .0016 = 26.04 – ] [[The said per hour travel comparison of earth to moon, the earth being shown to make 26 complete rotations for every one full orbit of the moon]]   [This model has a moon that by it's own definition needs to move ][about ][26.][04][ times faster than it is said to move just to maintain a fixed position above the earth, much less have it lap the earth, ][as is predicted for this eclipse][. How fast it would need to travel in order to make this shadow in this upcoming eclipse move eastward, I am not inclined to calculate. Why bother? It can't do it in this model! ][This would ][also ][mean that not only would the shadow of the moon NOT move toward the east, it would have to move very, very fast toward the west. ][The simple fact is that the speeds, and distances put forth by this ][heliocentric ][model do not come anywhere close to working when looking at this eclipse. ]   [W][hat other conclusion can I come to but that this heliocentric model does not represent the earth that we live on? And why would I not ][tend toward ][believ][ing][ the flat earth model that very readily works, and particularly works for this eclipse? ]   [(T][he earth's said travel around the sun would be negligible during the few hours of this eclipse, ][so it can mostly be disregarded, I think, in this calculation, ][so I have][. ][I know that there are variables in the ball model that I am not considering here, but are there enough to overcome this huge discrepancy? I ][don't see how][!][)]   [I ][would love to hear from some of you scientists/ mathematicians out there! ][Tell me how ][I am wrong, and how ][the ball model explains this eclipse.]   [Thanks for looking!]               

Thanks. Chris, for the like!Has anyone read this besides Chris? Does anyone have any comments? I did not mean to restrict comments to just the scientists, and mathematicians. I am just a hick that can read, and use a calculator. :) Can anyone explain how this eclipse could have worked using the globe model? Explain how I have got it totally wrong? I realize that there are only an average of 4 people on this site at any given time, and most of those are likely the BOD, but maybe someone passing through has some thoughts about this?Thanks for looking!