Sweeper Tenticals

So I have two Hammers and one Frogspawn corals that I bought at the last club frag swap. So I have had them for about six months and in that time I have never seen any of the corals with any sweeper tentacles out. They appear healthy and two of them have gotten larger and gone from two heads to six heads since we got them. The other one has not grown as fast but has still gone from two heads to four during that time.

I can only assume that since they have not died and are growing they are at least somewhat happy. Should I be concerned that I have never seen them with the sweeper tentacles out?

Tim

No concern as long as everything is growing. In fact you should probably be happy about it since you don't have to keep things as far apart.

My corals only tend to put out sweepers if there is something else nearby. With my torch the sweepers look pretty much the same as the other tentacles though, and it's always beating up anything within reach. My galaxia only sends out sweepers if there is something within a couple inches, and stopped for a couple months after losing a fight with a wandering rbta. My frogspawn randomly sends out sweepers, but never more than a couple inches longer than the standard tenticles. Very rarely have I seen other frogspawns with their sweepers out.

@jccaclimber wrote:
In fact you should probably be happy about it since you don't have to keep things as far apart. said:
Actually, that is the main reason that I moved the two hammers to the location they are now in. I was hoping they would keep the pulsing Xenia where I want them to stay. [smilie=lol.gif]

Tim

Xenia has a very odd talent for being resilient to sweepers in my experience. I haven't tried it with the torch, but it was actually overtaking my galaxia, which normally wins over everything other than my rbta. If nothing else your hammers might be able to shade the xenia and contain it that way.