Sump Baffle Broke

One of the baffles on my DIY sump broke loose on one side and let a bunch of sand and water into my return section.
It seems everything is working, but i also noticed that if i press with my thumb on the 58g tank seams, i can see some moment in the silicon on one side too.

So i have a lot of work to do this weekend.
My biggest questions are:
When i take the sump out (with skimmer and heaters ect) how long can the DT go without skimming? I still have a big GHA issue,= [smilie=sadsmile.gif]
After i fix the issues, can i simply place the LR and Sand back in the refugium and fill the sump up with new Salt water and turn everything back on? Its not a DSB, only about 2.5 -3 inches.
really worried about stressing out SPS / Clams during this time.

Yes, your system can run without a sump for a few days. If you think water quality will take a hit, feed lightly and do a water change.
Setting it up new, just add some sand and rock. If you are reusing the sand, I would wash out all the detritus and sediment (but the weather right now is a horrible time to do so), and make sure your rock stays submerged to avoid cycling.

Make sure and move a heater into the display from the sump if its going to be down long. If you have any extra powerheads around i'd get them into the tank to help make up for the current lost from your return being off.

I changed sumps not too long ago. I had intake/skimmer - fuge center - return right side. In the fuge section I have live sand/miracle mud mix with caulerpa. I never got a response when I asked the same question so I just turned off the filtration, drained the water, took out old sump, put in new sump, put sand mix back in center section, added new water and turned it back on. I didn't rinse anything and didn't have any problems. I did this over about 2-3 hours. Not saying it is right or wrong, just what I did. YMMV

Home Depot sells Aquarium Safe silicone where the glues are. It's a squeeze tube, not the kind that is used in a caulk gun. $3.50 a tube, I think.

silicone-6.jpg
alt="">

Or you can buy it at your LFS.