Starting first reef and need some help.

Good Evening to all,Not sure if this belongs in the classifieds or not and new to the forum, but I just started my first reef and have been researching and watching friends for 2 years :).The ask - Im looking to some fellow reefers to help seed my sand and was curious if anyone had a cup of sand from a clean/mature tank that I could grab.  Some reef tumble weed would be great too :).Happy to replace the sand etc.My set up is a dry rock/dry sand start for pest control (if there is a thing) and plan to cycle for 8 weeks min.  90g with 30g ref, skimmer etc.  Plan to run mix reef and take my time and enjoy all the parts of having a reef.Thanks!  

You could always buy a shrimp from the grocery store and place it in a mesh bag and put it in your tank for 4-5 days.  That will start putting bacteria in your tank as well and kick start the cycling process.  That's what I did.

Welcome to Reefing and DFW ! We are happy to have u here. I would give u some sand as my tanks has been up since 2009 but I am a out of towner.Im sure you will find some here soon.Welcome to the club!

Where are you located? I keep some live rock in my sump. Your welcome to a few pieces if this would help.  

Mansfield, but ill work in a short trip if needed.  I plan to use a shrimp or similar, but want the life from the sand and diversity :)

Welcome to the forum. I am in Mansfield also but my tank is far from mature enough help.  I assume you are taking about chaeto when you are referring to a tumbleweed. You probably won't need that for a few more weeks at least. I should, if all goes well be able to spare some by then. Hit me up and when you are ready. I'm in Holland Estates over by the Stadium.