Sps pictures from kevin trotman's tank - Dialup beware

melev

Club President
Staff member
Board of Directors
Sponsor
[While I was over at Kevin's house tonight dropping off corals from Dallas Marine and Fish Gallery, I shot a few pictures.

The first two corals are from Fish Gallery. The other new corals are posted in Dallas Marine's forum.

A fantastic Table Acropora. The polyp growth was incredibly dense, and the color was excellent depending on perspective. From across the room, this acro looked light blue. I think the polyps, once extended will be yellow-green. This one was easily 6" across.

kt_tableacro.jpg
alt="">

This is a blue tipped acro colony. It was about 4" across.

kt_bluetipped_acro.jpg
alt="">

Here is one of his Pocillopora Damicornis, the fuzzy kind.

kt_pocillopora.jpg
alt="">

This is nicely encrusting the base, and may be a tri-color frag. Unfortunately, the glass was very dirty and I couldn't get a clear shot.

kt_tricolorfrag.jpg
alt="">

This acro looks lush and thick, but I can't remember what Kevin called it.

kt_acro_forgotten.jpg
alt="">]

[And finally, all I can say is WOAH!!! :shocked: And I'm definitely in line for the first frag.... some day.

kt_woah.jpg
alt="">]

[One last shot. Kevin's encrusting orange/red Montipora.

kt_montipora.jpg
alt="">

Kevin's tank hit 95F last summer, wiping out a lot of beautiful corals, but some of the hardier things hung in there. I think they lost a few fish as well, but they've got a couple of giant clams and a variety of other interesting things that have recovered from that ordeal. Recently he replumbed it for better flow, and added a protein skimmer. This is a 340g reef tank that can be viewed from both sides, built into a room divider. A new sump and refugium will be going in as soon as I get them done. :;):]

[Umm... I think I have one of the Purple ones Marc was whoaing over, whats the big deal?!

Mine is Very Purple and has neon Green-Orange Polyps. Also its encrusting and growth is exactly like the one in the picture. Mine grew from a one inch frag and now is 5 inchs encrusting with about 2 inches verticle growth from the center.

IS this the elusive Purple Monster?]

[Nick, all I can say is I love the color and the look of that one fraglet. If you find that yours just needs trimming, I've got some Golden Pearls I'd trade for a piece. :p]