some of my zoos arent opening

I have been looking into my frag tank every day for the past week an a half and have noticed that many of the zoos do not open at all. Not even a partial flash of color. They are currently in a 2.5 gallon mini bow that has a 10 watt 50/50 coralife bulb(the stock bulb stunk). I am going to post in the DIY section asking how to add more light but is that even the problem. If it is i have no problem putting them in my 12 gallon nano(which has much better lighting). but any info would be nice.

thanks

Did you do a zoo dip when you got them? How long have you had them? When did this start? How's the water pars?
It could be many things at this point. Just trying to get a bit more info....

I don't know what a zoo dip is but if it is sticking it in an iodide(iodine?) solution then no. but they were opening just fine when they were sitting in the sand bed of my nano cube. I moved them a couple of weeks ago into the frag tank. the params look to be normal, though the salenity may be a bit high at 1.025. but I have a shrimp in there and I was told that that was the ideal salenity for inverts. But I moved them into the frag tank and while some are opening many others havent.

thanks

The salinity is fine. Lighting sounds good. Give the iodine (lugols) a try. It helped all my zoa frag open up.

Thanks,
Chris

Are you skimming the tank? Also with a tank size you might want to do more frequent water changes. I have a 1.5 gallon nano with a few zoos and mushrooms that are doing ok.

Well I should say....They aren't growing any, but they aren't dying either :?

@blide wrote:
5 to 8 minute fresh water dip.... Kill everything except the zoos! said:
Add a drop of flatworm exit and a drop of Lugol's and your good.

I would also try doing a "massive" (that's a relative term in a 2.5G) water change using water from the 12G nano and see what happens!

definately do the dip with flatworm exit and lugols. The flatworm exit will kill off any nudi's that could be eating them. I had this problem a few months ago and found a bunch of nudis going to town on mine.