Skimmer needed

rckrzy1

Membership Expired
Ok , most know about my tank being smashed by a hammer. I maxed my CC buying a replacement tank and I was able to get some dead live rock cheap ( my old rock is covered in dead sps/lps) but I need to cure the dead rock and can't afford a skimmer. So if someone can loan or rent me a skimmer for a couple of weeks I would be quite grateful. Needs to be able to sit in a tub .

I don't have a skimmer available, but have an alternate suggestion.  You might consider putting the rock in the display (permanent or temporary) with a big ball of macro and blasting the lights 18 hours/day.  I've done it successfully in a couple tanks with chaeto.  Chaeto is easy to remove from the display to export and importantly it's easy to manually eradicate later.If it is still wet I would also consider a triage/cleaning of your existing rock as much of the bacterial is likely alive (live rock ships in humid, but not submerged condition).You have a big enough tank that a tang can clear any hair algae that isn't choked out by the chaeto.  I would avoid doing this with caulerpa specifically because it is harder to remove later. 

Ok, Mid Cities Aquarium was nice enough to loan me one. After buying a 100 gallons of saltwater they were eager to be nice.