Sea-horse set up - New set up

[I have an old 20 gal long tank and was thinking of setting it up for sea-horses. I would be using an overflow filter with a bio-wheel. Can anyone give me some advise on setting it up and a source for livestock?]

[sea horses need a taller tank than a 20 long, and gentle flow with lots to hold on to. Water quality has to be kept up well, and wild horses are very difficult to get to eat frozen mysis.

Hope this helps.]

[The best way to go is to get tank raised seahorses. They are more hardy then wild caught and eat frozen food. They cost more money and are not as easy to get. Plano Pets has two tank raised Reidi seahorses and DNA has one tank raised Reidi right now. I perfer Ocean Rider which is an online retailer of tank raised seahorses. Exotic Aquatics has two wild caught seahorses that were a trade in. One of them is a comes (tiger tail) and is eating frozen food.]

Edited By Nicki on 1109544193

[For info on seahorses read to your heart's delight on :Seahorse.org ;)

I have just recently got into seahorses and have a dwarf tank going as well as a tank full of erectus fry. The erectus are currently only 2.5 weeks old but hopefully they will be available to screened buyers at about 4 months old.

If you're interested I can put you on a list to contact when they are ready for new homes. This would give you time to get your tank setup and cycled.

Carolyn]