rose anemone deflated

aa777rob

Membership Expired
i bought a rose (forget the exact name) anemone monday from a neighbor, put it in the tank and now 6 days later it's just deflated. last night it moved a few inches to a new spot, but what can i do to perk this guy up? is it normal to take a week to get happy? he was looking normal after a day or two but since has just gone to a delfated state. any idea or tips ?

What kind of Lighting do both of you have? Did it go from low light to high light? What about water flow? is it getting a direct hit from a power head? They are pretty tuff creatures, but can have a hard time in a newly established tank. How old is you tank and what are your parameters?

its been under 4 T5s til yesterday when i added 2 more. its not getting blasted but has a small flow over it. shall i increase that? it came from a smaller tank with 4 T5s where it's one that split off 2 very large ones. this one's base is about the side of a half dollar. my tank is about 6 months old, 130 gal, has alot of other corals in it, and alot of fish. nothing has messed with it, no nipping or anything.

what are your water parameters and how long has your tank been up and running

+1 on Parameters
I've had my Sherman Anemone get mangled by a Powerhead, I've also gone from Compact Fluorescent to LED's since I've had it and it's split at least half a dozen over the years. It May have to do with the Transfer and the addition of the bulbs.

i did a mag check and im right at 1400, done 2 good water changes leading up to getting him and i should be good on all my numbers but will do a check here in a few mins and post the results. i make my own water in a 55 gal plastic drum with two RO units, add salt and let it aerate/heat/stir and brew for a day or so before i use it making sure the salinity and temp is right.

You tested for mag... What's ca alk phos nitrates and ammonia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok, heres the full test: magnesium 1400 calcium 500 Phosphates 1.0 ppm nitrates 5 ppm nitrites 0 ppm ammonia .125 ppm ph 8.0 KH 161.1 ppm

Ca way too high nitrates and ammonia need to be addressed also

Alk and mg are in range

Ca needs to be lowered ca moght be accumulating on your heaters and pump and powerheads impellers

Think another big water change might help? I have 50 gals brewing now waiting. How do I adjust the CA ?

@aa777rob wrote:
Think another big water change might help? I have 50 gals brewing now waiting. How do I adjust the CA ? said:
Do you check the parameters of the new salt water before you put it in you need to check the alk ca also

no but i will.....thought RO water and instant ocean would magically be perfect. will go check it now and see what it's levels are now before i use it incase i need to adjust something first. i'll let you know shortly. thanks!!

much better numbers, KH is 143.2 as opposed to 161.1, nitrates 0, ammonia 0, ph 8.0 still, calcium 360-380